Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Carp  (Read 1632 times)

Will_CARP

• I love fishing!
Carp
« on: July 20, 2008, 02:46:49 PM »

Any news of carp being caught?  Will try ladner today and post in fishing reports.

Lastcar

Re: Carp
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 01:35:55 PM »

Is carp fishing something that can be fun for a five year old?

Is there some skill to it or can she simply cast out and let the dough ball sit under a float or on the bottom until she feels the tug?

Does it require a delicate hand to bring the fish in? I recall hearing something about a soft mouth?

Of course she will give me the gears because we are not fly fishing...never mind the fact we are not using the flies she 'tied' !

And the whole catch and release thing still baffles her...'but Papa kills every single fish...', yes, yes he sure does ::)

Will_CARP

• I love fishing!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 10:40:32 AM »

Well, it can be fun, you should bring something else to do while you wait. ;D  Any bait such as corn, worms or dough will work under a float.  A bottom rig with a sliding weight is effective when the tide is changing, keeping the bait on the bottom.  Its mouth is quite tough, just don't try to lift the fish out of the water with its lips, use a net.

Camman

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 11:54:03 AM »

I was just fishing Carp in Osoyoos and I took my friends 6 year old brother out and we caught quite a few and he loved it.