Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: area 4-20  (Read 7192 times)

bugger

area 4-20
« on: July 20, 2008, 01:31:14 PM »

Got a elk draw for Cranbrook/kimberley area. 4 20. Has anyone ever hunted in that region. Would hate to not be able to fill a tag because I don't know which area's to hunt.Any tips or help would be appreciated. This is my first elk hunt, and I want it to be successful

kingpin

• Old Timer
Re: area 4-20
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 08:32:06 PM »

go to huntingbc.ca join up and ask..
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 09:21:10 AM »

u might wanna scout it out a couple times before u go for the tag, no reason to go in  blind
Fish killer 101

BCHunter

• Greenhorn Houndsman
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 09:42:06 PM »

careful HBC hated newbies that join and request info all in one shot...

my daughter has a tag for 4-23, were leaving Sept 7th

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 09:14:31 AM »

careful HBC hated newbies that join and request info all in one shot...
   ::)

Maybe the reason there is this perception is newbies seem to be responsible for hacking the site. They were hacked just last night and lost about 2 days of posts before they could get the site back up and running. Be respectful and they are very helpful to "newbies".
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

OGrady

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 02:56:53 PM »

I am hunting 4-24 in november. Hope u have sucsess

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 09:50:14 PM »

Go online and get the antlerless elk limited entry hunt for zone X and buy a british columbia road atlas the back roads edition,MU 4-20 is a big zone with lots of area to hunt at or under the 1100 m elevation,there are plenty of elk up there,i suggest going a couple of days early and scout some of the many back roads,skookumchuck area is a good starting point,good luck.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

mario

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 07:19:30 AM »

I VE HUNTED THERE MANY OF TIMES YOU SHOULDNT HAVE A PROBLEM TAGGING OUT THERE IF YOU GO ABOUT 4 TO 10 KILOMETERS OUT OF CRANBROOK TOWARD FERNIE ON YOUR LEFT YOU WILL SEE A BUNCH OF OPENINGS GRAB A SEAT AND WAIT YOU LL BE AMAZED AT WHAT YOU SEE AND IM NOT SURE HOW FAR THE BOUNDRIES ARE BUT IF YOU WALK TO THE FENCE OFFTHE FREEWAY IT IS LEGAL TO SHOOT IN NO MATTER HOW CLOSE THE FENCE IS TO THE ROAD IVE ASKED SEVERAL GAME WARDENS ABOUT THIS AND THEY JUST WANT THE ELK AWAY FROM THE ROADS AND FARMS PS THERE ARE AS MANY AS 8 GAMEWARDENS AND CAMERAS SET UP IN THIS AREA GOOD LUCK