Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bar Fishing The Fraser  (Read 1749 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Bar Fishing The Fraser
« on: July 19, 2008, 03:16:08 PM »

I have been told with the dropping river levels things have been quite good on the bar. Time to get the Leaf Craft ready to rock and roll as she stayed in dry dock all last season. I hope she floats and not like her name sake did last season when they hit near rock bottom but this year we will resurface in a big way. ;D ;D

Talking to someone who they know and works at the Hells Gate Air Tram with lots of chinook and sockeye passing through at this time, good news. It is not all gloom and doom as some make it out to be. The 77 cm size limit should be removed NOW.

wacker

Re: Bar Fishing The Fraser
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 08:47:38 PM »

I've been fishing the Fraser the past few weekends and noticed a few FN driftnetters are being extremely provocative. They are drifting as close as they can get to the recreational fishers and are obviously itching for a confrontation. two last weekend were wearing the trademark red bandanas while smashing an oar against their boat or on the water surface, I assume to spook the fish away. This has been happening at Grassy and Wellington, so anybody heading out to those bars should be prepared to put up with some level of BS. Disappointing to see so much tension on the water already and curious if anybody else has seen similiar activity. So much for saving gas, I'll have to start running further from Island 22. Good news is the water clarity is rapidly improving which should help out those looking for the fish to actually bite the lure.

bcguy

Re: Bar Fishing The Fraser
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 10:16:58 AM »

Sounds like it's time for some cowboys and indians..LOL ;D ;D ;D
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB