Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lost fishing Licence  (Read 4924 times)

badboi

• I'm a llama!
Lost fishing Licence
« on: July 07, 2008, 11:21:06 PM »

my buddy lost his fishing licence but he made a copy of it before he lost it

if a CO officer asks him to present the fishing licence can he just present the Photocopied one?

advice?

thanks

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: Lost fishing Licence
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 09:56:11 AM »

Is it an e-licence or the regular one? If it is an e-licence then you can just print off a new one. If it is a regular licence then just phone a government agent and they can answer for you.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 11:59:10 AM »

a regular store licence and he is screwed,  he will have to buy a repalcement. Imagine that!   a guy would photocopy his licence  catch his first 10 steelhead, throw away his licence and then use the photocopy to kill 10 more?  e-licence better have precautions for this built in also!

They don't as you can save it to your computer and print off as many copies as you want. I have one in my wallet that I take fishing, I have one that I keep in my tackle bag when I go with the spinning gear when I am fishing with my son and I keep an extra in my vest just in case. Now I know I will never cheat the system and what I have done is perfectly legal( yes I have asked) but there is nothing to stop someone from cheating on them. In fact there is nothing to prevent them from giving a copy to someone else( this has been discussed under another thread) .

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

markus23

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 12:34:43 PM »

I've lost my wallet with my license inside before and just went back to where I bought it... they just issued me a new one. They must have record of the origional document.  If there was not an origional purchase, I'm sure you will be getting a knock on the door soon after by DFO.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 12:36:16 PM by markus23 »

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 02:19:02 PM »

I've lost my wallet with my license inside before and just went back to where I bought it... they just issued me a new one. They must have record of the origional document.  If there was not an origional purchase, I'm sure you will be getting a knock on the door soon after by DFO.

I believe it is illegal to purchase a new one. You actually have to go to the government agent and buy a replacement from them.

Funeral Of Hearts

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 03:58:36 PM »

I believe it is illegal to purchase a new one. You actually have to go to the government agent and buy a replacement from them.

You can go back to a dealer to get a replacement. It cost about $10 for freshwater and free for tidal. They will make you fill out and sign a "declaration of loss of license" form.

joska

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 09:24:24 AM »

well i lost my licenses tidal and non tidal and i found getting my non tidal license easy and quick... now i have the battle to replace my tidal license with my salmon tag... any one know a number i can call and get this all sorted out,  when the bait ban is lifted i plan on hitting the bars quite hard... thanks in advance take it easy tight lines
If you don't like the fish you're catching... change the bait!!

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 10:39:15 AM »

dont any of you own a printer or cant go somewhere to print another one  ??? ??? i dont think stores should be charging you for another copy  >:( and if they are it should only reflect the cost of a sheet of paper (5cents?)

Geff - i think your only allowed to print 5 copies with your initial payment and each extra after that is a $10 charge. Im like you in the fact that i have a few kicking around (or did last year) however i only have the one this year because my wallet is always on my person when im fishing.
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 01:51:33 PM »

dont any of you own a printer or cant go somewhere to print another one  ??? ??? i dont think stores should be charging you for another copy  >:( and if they are it should only reflect the cost of a sheet of paper (5cents?)

Geff - i think your only allowed to print 5 copies with your initial payment and each extra after that is a $10 charge. Im like you in the fact that i have a few kicking around (or did last year) however i only have the one this year because my wallet is always on my person when im fishing.

The non-tidal one you can print as many copies as you want. You can save the licence onto your computer as a pdf file and print away.

burnaby

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 04:06:59 PM »

Which authority did you ask that said it perfectly legal to posses more than one legal (signed) license at a time.

As for printing if you can print one then any IT person can print as many as they want.
  They don't as you can save it to your computer and print off as many copies as you want. I have one in my wallet that I take fishing, I have one that I keep in my tackle bag when I go with the spinning gear when I am fishing with my son and I keep an extra in my vest just in case. Now I know I will never cheat the system and what I have done is perfectly legal( yes I have asked) but there is nothing to stop someone from cheating on them. In fact there is nothing to prevent them from giving a copy to someone else( this has been discussed under another thread) .

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 08:06:52 PM »

Which authority did you ask that said it perfectly legal to posses more than one legal (signed) license at a time.

As for printing if you can print one then any IT person can print as many as they want.

I actually asked DFO and as long as you transfer the info to all ( adult chinook and steelhead retention) then it is legal. As far as being an IT person to print well I am pretty sure the average person that knows how to use a computer knows how to use a printer.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 12:48:16 AM »

ok you are correct there however if you print from the DFO site itself then i think you only get 5 copies, im sure there is alot of people that dont know you can save it and print at your own will. Still kinda makes me sick to think of all the poachers that didnt bother with a license that now buy one knowing they can just keep printing them off blank  >:( and then still be legal !!!
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

burnaby

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 08:44:49 AM »

Do you have it in writing from DFO stating it is legal to have multiple active license at once. Recall the rule is one legit license only (signed). If lost then can transfer into to new signed license. Don't recall reading anywhere you can have multiple signed licenses and simply keep them all up to date. If you have that in writing please post, don't want to explain in court hear-sakes.

As for printing firstly some folks don't know how to print, when anything goes wrong they cry; average computer users are DUMB, think Geek Squad  ::) Secondly even if they try to limit it (ie using acrobat reader features) it still wouldn't work cause any IT folk knows how to get around it.
  I actually asked DFO and as long as you transfer the info to all ( adult chinook and steelhead retention) then it is legal. As far as being an IT person to print well I am pretty sure the average person that knows how to use a computer knows how to use a printer.