Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Capilano River, June 27th 2008  (Read 699 times)

Athezone

• Old Timer
Capilano River, June 27th 2008
« on: June 28, 2008, 11:40:08 AM »

Just a little report from yesterday. Arrived at the river at 1:30 PM, half hour before high tide and met an old friend I have'nt seen in about five years. After lots of laughs and old memories we got down to brass tacks and attacked those old coho. OOPS, I meant to say coho ghosts as regardless the beauty of our bait and hardware there were no fish that would make thier presence felt. We fished till nearly ten and even as darkness arrived we still did'nt see one riser. Quite, quite surprised about that because in years past as night approached there would always be a couple fish to be had. Not last nite. Now I'm not saying some fish are'nt being caught but its certainly not me doing the catching. And Hotrod if I saw 30 to 50 fish daily go by me that spot would be my Cap meal ticket.
Glad to hear you're having success and I'm just curious if you are fishing below the indian reserve. By the bye, for those that care I awoke on Thurs. at 2:45 AM and arrived at the Cable pool at 4AM. (Figured go where the fish are) Saw lots of jumpers but in 3 hours
no biters for me and an older gentleman fishing nearby. So off to DogLeg where three fishermen were already trying thier luck. I asked and was told no fish were caught yet by them. So off to the canyon I went where I finished the day fishing alongside two old friends till 11AM. No fish seen and thus no fish caught. I grow weary of this old song and dream of a new tune to harken my soul. Good Fishing All.