Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pet Life Jackets  (Read 2552 times)

armytruck

• Old Timer
Pet Life Jackets
« on: June 19, 2008, 09:59:00 AM »

Any ideas where I could find doggy life jackets  8) . I called Stevston M , they have everything to do with marine gear+ PFD 's for people ,but not for your beloved animal . ???
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

clownfish

Re: Pet Life Jackets
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 11:09:13 AM »

I did a google search and found a lot of links, for dog life jackets in particular, the nearest I found was over in Nanaimo at http://www.nanaimomarinecentre.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=17_84 (they will ship), I didn't find any on Canadian Tire's website, LL Bean and Cabella's both carry them on their websites as well. I've been thinking about that myself, but I've never taken my (current) dog fishing, I don't think he would be too comfortable with it, doesn't like water much, won't go beyond chest deep unless he absolutely has to.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 11:11:58 AM »

Why would your dog need a lifejacket  ??? Im pretty sure they can swim just fine to the edge if the fall out....

tnt

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 11:18:19 AM »

how big of a dog? we have them in stock....except for the really large sizes...but we can get them.
Just because you have a pin rod doesnt mean you know how to fish it.....

clownfish

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 11:57:52 AM »

Why would your dog need a lifejacket  ??? Im pretty sure they can swim just fine to the edge if the fall out....

:o  ??? Same reasons that we should be wearing them (at least when you're travelling at speed), if something goes wrong and you end up unconscious, a life jacket will keep you afloat with your face out of the water; if you're injured you don't have to work so hard at staying afloat, ..... Dogs have been known to jump out of moving vehicles, particularly the backs of pickups, if something seems that "interesting" to them. Good reason not to make your dog ride in the back of your truck, unless you're not particularly fond of him/her,  >:( in which case give it to someone that does like dogs.

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 03:48:11 PM »

Thank you TNT , and thanks to clownfish for your support  ;)
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

scuntor

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 10:17:15 PM »

Petsmart. $50.

yamadirt 426

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 08:28:54 AM »

Around a lake from shore is no big deal but in the middle of a big lake or in the river you should treat your dog like a kid if you love him.