Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pistol Pete Does It Again  (Read 2245 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Pistol Pete Does It Again
« on: June 10, 2008, 11:26:39 PM »

On they way to badminton tonight I had to stop at the ball park for a few minutes.

Pistol Pete's team The Slammers were playing a team from Sumas Washington in the Abbotsford
Men's Fastball League.
After a short meeting I had to attend to I slipped over for a chat with Pistol Pete in their dugout.

His team was batting and were ahead 2-0, I asked if he would be batting this inning he said yes. I said I would stay and see if he can hit one over the fence as I believe the last time I saw him play he launched one over the fence.

His team scored two more and then had two aboard with two out when he came to the plate.

His deep fly to left was nearly caught but dropped into foul territory.

I think it was the next pitch and he caught up to a fastball from the Sumas chucker and launched a high drive to deep center. We all watched wondering it it had enough legs to clear the fence. It did easily and it gave his team a 7-0 lead. I joined his team in the traditional homerun celebration. Way to go PP.

As it was time for me to hit some too at the badminton court I left Clayton who was also on the mound tonight, to mop up the States squad, well I hope they did.

I think he owes me a coffee for being a good luck charm or maybe he will let me pitch part of a game for them.

I can still pitch as fast as I did in my prime Clayton but most thought that was way to slow way back then.   ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 11:28:18 PM by chris gadsden »

2:40

• Old Timer
  • Floss your teeth, not your fish!!!
Re: Pistol Pete Does It Again
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 09:02:12 PM »

I can still pitch as fast as I did in my prime Clayton but most thought that was way to slow way back then.   ;D ;D ;D

It's all about accuracy and movement on the ball...let the closing pitchers worry about the heat!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
I have a right to fish and a responsibility to treat this right as a privilege.

Ethics is your actions and behaviour when no one is watching.

A problem well stated is a problem half solved.

Since when was snagging just a question of ethics and personal choice?