Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Community lake (What Happened???  (Read 1606 times)

Rp3Flyfisher

• Rp3 FlyFishing
Community lake (What Happened???
« on: May 15, 2008, 08:25:35 PM »

This is a Post from another site
Went up to Community Lake today to see the state of the ice. Was horrified to see that the forest services campsite is gone!!! Looks as if it was used as a logging landing site. 2ft. of mud, logs, and fires where the campsite used to be. The picnic tables and fishing signs are dumped along the edge of the lake. Can't even get off the main logging road, even with my 4x4. Walked to the lake through the bush. This site is beyond remediation. Disgusting!!! Anyone know what, why, and how?

This is the e-mail I sent

To Whom it may concern;

Hello, my name is Rick Passek. I live in Surrey BC. I am an Author, Flyfishing Instructor, and Guide. I have recently been informed that one of the most beautiful lakes in the province has been practically destroyed.

I have been informed that there has been MASSIVE logging in the area, and that the Forestry campsite is all but gone. I have been told that the Fishing signs and picnic tables are thrown onto the ground at the edge of the lake. There is over 2 feet of mud and debris where the campground use to be.

Community lake is located north of Kamloops off the Knouff lake road, and is a pristine mountain lake that hold Large Kamloops Rainbow trout. The lake has been a favorite of myself and MANY other flyfishers for many years, and by what I have been told, you can’t even get into the lake anymore due to the Mess left by loggers.

Could one of you please get back to me about what happened there. I know that the area has been devastated by the Mountain Pine Beatle and that logging is one of the only ways of combating this pest, but to leave a area in such condition is unacceptable!!!

These are the e-mail addresses that I sent it to.

premier@gov.bc.ca (Gordon Campbell)
rich.coleman.mla@leg.bc.ca (Forestry Minister)
stan.hagen.mla@leg.bc.ca (Minister of Tourism)
barry.penner.mla@leg.bc.ca (Minister of Environment)

Please send them an e-mail about this. This really Pisses me off.

Rick
Tight Lines & Fun Times

Rick Passek
http://www.theflyfishfanatic.com

Author of:
The Freshman FlyFisher "A Beginners Guide for a new Generation"
&
The Freshman FlyFishers Insect Guide

Pro Staff:
Leader Sales (RIO, Sage, Redington, Dr Slick, Renzetti, Islander, Lamson, C&F Design, Moby Nets, Bradly Smokers)
Howard Hackle

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/cos/images/rapp_logo.gif

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Community lake (What Happened???
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 09:39:41 PM »

I have sent this thread directly to Barry and asked for an reply as well, I am sure he will look into it for you and others that like to fish this area.

salmon river

Re: Community lake (What Happened???
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 11:54:14 PM »

I thought El Gordo and his Social credit party errr BC Liberals as they are disguised as now closed numerous Forestry Campsites over the last few years? To bad really.