Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What is this NHL of which you speak??  (Read 2105 times)

mastercaster

• Old Timer
What is this NHL of which you speak??
« on: March 26, 2008, 09:08:10 AM »

Just spent the last 11 days in the Caribean and Fort Lauderdale, going the first 7 days without a lick of news about my beloved Canucks.  Considering I haven't missed a game whether in attendance, on the tube, pay per view, or AM or XM radio in the last 3 years I went through some serious withdrawl.  ESPN doesn't show a single thing down there.  NHL Hockey as a sport is probably a distant 5th, coming in behind high school baseball and spring league football.  They do have internet on the cruise ships but you pay absolutely big time through the nose for it.  I thought about listening to one of the games on it through an XM radio connection but it was going to cost me over $200 to do it!

In any event, when we got back to Fort Lauderdale after the cruise the hotel did have internet access so after waiting in line to use it I was happy to hear the Nuks won the first 3 games since my departure and should have beaten Minnie.  The newspaper does have a little blurb on hockey on the last page but never has scores from games played in the west because the papers are written so early the previous evening. 

While in the baggage line up last night I heard we had  a 2 zip lead over the Flames, listened to the 2nd period on the way home, and was able to catch the 3rd on pay per view which left me less than contented.  After screaming repeatedly at the tv my wife shook her head, went to bed, saying, "Here we go again."  What can I say?   ;)