Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Worst motel/hotel you stayed at  (Read 6559 times)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Worst motel/hotel you stayed at
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 08:15:28 PM »

Sitting down in the Cobalt is called crab fishing :)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

YetiHunter

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 11:42:53 PM »

I once spent 2 nites in a hotel room in Saint Louis du Haha in Quebec (don't ask) Complete with a bare lightbulb overhead and shared washroom down the hall. There was a live band playing in the bar right under my room til 3 am. The whole thing was like spending a weekend in a Turkish prison.

VAGAbond

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 12:11:02 PM »

The 'No Tel Motel' in Tucson Arizona

nosey

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 02:46:54 PM »

Stayed in one of the old hotels in Squamish in the late 80's for a week, right above the bar they had some stupid  older hippie comedian just sat at the piano stark naked and told the dumbest jokes while playing the piano badly and loudly. If you opened your room door in the middle of the night you could look out into the hallway and see mice scurying into the corners and shadows.

southpa

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2008, 03:15:16 PM »

Stayed at a motel in Grangeville Idaho,you could see your breath inside when we checked in. Turned the knob on baseboard heater and went to sleep ,woke up to about 95 degrees (f)
at two in morning. turned heat down, freezing ten minutes later. You could sit on the throne with your head in the sink.I could go on but it was an adventure!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 05:35:29 PM »

Stayed in one of the old hotels in Squamish in the late 80's for a week, right above the bar they had some stupid  older hippie comedian just sat at the piano stark naked and told the dumbest jokes while playing the piano badly and loudly. If you opened your room door in the middle of the night you could look out into the hallway and see mice scurying into the corners and shadows.
Sounds like the old Chieftan Hotel. ;D ;D Watched the Leafs win their last Stanley Cup there, 1967. ???

Hohummm

• I'm a llama! and llamas are bigger than frogs
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2008, 07:13:03 AM »

Stayed at a motel in Grangeville Idaho,you could see your breath inside when we checked in. Turned the knob on baseboard heater and went to sleep ,woke up to about 95 degrees (f)
at two in morning. turned heat down, freezing ten minutes later. You could sit on the throne with your head in the sink.I could go on but it was an adventure!

Sounds like the "Chundoo Motor Inn" in Ft. St. James. We checked in there one February to find a 6 inch long icicle on the sink and a toilet bowl that was frozen solid. Was ok once it warmed up though, other than the fact that the room we stayed in was originally a hall of some sort that had been renovated into two rooms. You could talk to the people in the other half at a normal voice, and see the light from their room over the top of the wall were it met the ceiling.

Worst one I didn't stay in was the Daffodil motel, somewhere in Washington state. It was recommended to us by a "friend" when we couldn't get a room ANYWHERE due to a convention of some type. When the front desk person asked if we wanted the room for the whole night or just by the hour, we decided to sleep in the truck instead.....

drh

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2008, 07:11:54 PM »

Sportsman Motel in Spencesbridge,got woke up one morning in the late 80's by something that blew open the door,made the curtains hang sideways and sat on the bed beside me.I sat up nobody was there..grabed my clothes bolted out the door drove away and parked down the road waited for daylight to go fishin.It's been long since closed I wonder why?

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2008, 09:03:10 PM »

The absolute worst had to be the village inn in kamloops,we used to stay there every summer when we were up playing the sandpipers,not very clean,smelled bad . to many stoned and drunk hookers and the pub was like everyone was caught up in a time warp,but it was cheap and as far as team management was concerned thats all that mattered,but on the bright side it was walking distance to one of the more happening night clubs in town.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2008, 09:24:08 PM »

Sportsman Motel in Spencesbridge,got woke up one morning in the late 80's by something that blew open the door,made the curtains hang sideways and sat on the bed beside me.I sat up nobody was there..grabed my clothes bolted out the door drove away and parked down the road waited for daylight to go fishin.It's been long since closed I wonder why?
I guess they had not told you about the ghost of Spences Bridge before you checked in. :-X

Toprod

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2008, 08:06:14 PM »

The Deerview Motel in Princeton takes it for me.

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2008, 11:47:01 PM »

can't remember the name of it,the motel was on the northside of Kamloops in the mid eighties almost under the bridge. the drill crew booked in there and all ended up with fleas. One of the guys forgot something one day and returned to the motel to find a hooker plying her wares in his room. the manager denied even knowing she was there.The owner had a $hit fit when he found out.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 11:49:20 PM by Sandy »
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

fishing4salmon

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2008, 12:18:10 AM »

the worst motel i have ever stayed is an one in Las Vegas....arrived there on busy holidays, all hotel or motel were booked.....the one we went to were very dirty....forgot the name

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2008, 12:50:50 AM »

the worst motel i have ever stayed is an one in Las Vegas....arrived there on busy holidays, all hotel or motel were booked.....the one we went to were very dirty....forgot the name

El Cortez ?