Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pacific Angler's Monthly Fly Tying Night  (Read 2153 times)

Pacific Angler

• Advertiser
  • Pacific Angler
    • Pacific Angler
Pacific Angler's Monthly Fly Tying Night
« on: March 11, 2008, 09:12:00 PM »

Pacific Angler is pleased to host Vancouver's first fly tying night. On the last Tuesday of each month Pacific Angler will open its doors for an evening of tying flies and talking fishing. Tiers of all levels are welcome, and those just beginning are encouraged to learn from their peers and the staff on hand. The tying tables will be up from 6:00 PM until 8:30 PM however you are welcome to come early and chat.

Each month will feature a new theme based on the species in season. A demo will be held at the beginning of each night based on the month's theme. At the end of each night we will raffle off a door prize.

The first night will be March 25th and will feature a Cutthroat theme. There is no cost for anyone who would like to join us, so we hope to see you all there.

If you do plan on attending please e-mail Dion at dlauriente@pacificangler.ca

Vancouver Fishing Store - Pacific Angler
78 East Broadway Vancouver | Toll Free: 1.866.430.2204 | Tel: 604-872-2204 | info@pacificangler.ca

DionJL

• Old Timer
Re: Pacific Angler's Monthly Fly Tying Night
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 12:38:38 PM »

Please also include your phone number in the e-mail.

Thanks

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 08:32:22 PM »

Great idea Dion. I've been thinking that Vancouver needs some general tying nights.
I usually go to the Coquitlam Tying night but I have a bunch of friends that are looking to learn who live out that way.
Will there be any spare equipment available for them, or should they come fully prepared??
Thanks,
Rick

one more cast

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 01:48:10 AM »

This is great news and will be looking forward to getting back to tying some new flies. I kind of stock piled for a few years and got rusty on the vise.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 10:33:02 AM »

If you plan to tie you should bring your own vise, tool and materials. I may have an extra whip finisher or bobbin but not much else. If they would like to come and watch for the first time that is fine too. The Coquitlam Tying Nights I've been to mainly involved more chatting than tying so I'm prepared for that.

Of course we will have some fishing movies playing on the TV (or possibly the Canucks if they play that night).

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 03:30:17 PM »

Hey, we're all business out in Coquitlam  ;D Seriously though I have learned a ton from Aaron et al.
I will try to make it out, though I'm not sure my friends will be up for the come out and watch scenario and I only have one vise.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 10:56:47 PM »

I'll Bump this up to hopefully get a few more members out there, and remind those already planning on coming.

It seems there is a fair amount of interest so we will likely have 2 tables with about 8 chairs at each. If that does not leave enough room for everyone to sit and tie then the couch will be open for some to watch fishing movies or the hockey game (if it's not PPV).

I'd also like to mention that even though it is Cutthroat themed it does not mean you must tie Cutthroat flies. Tie what ever you want, or don't tie at all even, just come and chat.

Hope to see you out there,
Dion L.