Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River cleanup on April 5th, 2008  (Read 19752 times)

Every Day

• Old Timer
Re: Chilliwack River cleanup on April 5th, 2008
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2008, 06:32:57 PM »

Im heading down, maybe Ill get to meet a few of ya.... hopefully I can meet Chris, learn some new things and maybe find a hot spot or 2  ;)
See eveyone in 2 days!  8)

bederko

• Fish ethically, always....
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2008, 10:07:22 PM »

Will be there with a crew and a pickup waiting to be filled to the brim...
A river is never quite silent; it can never, of its very nature, be quite still; it is never quite the same from one day to the next. It has its own life and its own beauty, and the creatures it nourishes are alive and beautiful also. Perhaps fishing is only an excuse to be near rivers. - Haig-Brown

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2008, 05:29:23 PM »

Well another cleanup on the Chilliwack Vedder River was very successful today with 170 people at the last count taking part. FWR as usual was well represented again and it was good to see bederko, Milo, Speycaster, leadbelly and canoe man to name a few that have been coming since the CVRCC started many years ago.  It was nice to meet Every Day too, one of our enthusiastic young anglers from this forum.

It is very rewarding to the directors to see so many young people attend as they are our hope that the new generation will care and look after our precious rivers as well as our environment better than so many have not in the past.

Rodney and some others will post some pictures to see what was accomplished today. As well Rodney shot some video footage as well to see all the garbage removed.

Once again thanks to all that were able to take part and we will hope for another good turnout out at the next cleanup on July 12. Please mark it on your calender if you think you can help us keep the river as clear of garbage as possible.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 05:31:58 PM by chris gadsden »

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2008, 07:05:00 PM »

Yea today was a good day, Chris did you get out fishing after the cleanup or did you stay at home?... I went out and got skunked for the first time in a while ::) I also saw 2 roll in front of me up in a run I havn't fished in a while but was walking past because my mom was on her way to pick me up, just my luck lol. O well will be out bright and early tomorrow to get another one  ;)
Thanks to all the people that helped in the cleanup  ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2008, 08:21:06 PM »

Yea today was a good day, Chris did you get out fishing after the cleanup or did you stay at home?... I went out and got skunked for the first time in a while ::) I also saw 2 roll in front of me up in a run I havn't fished in a while but was walking past because my mom was on her way to pick me up, just my luck lol. O well will be out bright and early tomorrow to get another one  ;)
Thanks to all the people that helped in the cleanup  ;D
Too tired and by the time I got home it was around 2 so needed a nap to get ready for the hockey game, the last for the Leafs for 6 months. :'( :'(

Nice to meet you and thanks for coming out to help today, see you on the river.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2008, 11:24:17 PM »

Yep see yaz.... I guess Toronto lost the last game of the year, I woulda thought maybe go out with a bang, but no lol. As for the Canucks, I have nothing good at all to say about them, hopefully Lindin doesnt retire because that would be a big blow and if the rumours abut Luongo are true, they are done for next year as well.

Sens are in and hopefully they try to prove something this year, maybe they're just putting on a fake appearance for the playoffs  ;D ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2008, 11:02:18 AM »

Nice to be able to make this event, such a beautiful area and nice to see the regulars, even an  appearance by Canoeman and his pa.
Like the video, the phone gag was funny, reminded me of a J P Patches skit
as did the hockey game last night :P

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2008, 03:44:19 PM »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2008, 01:55:31 PM »

Good work on the cleanup as we just got the tonnage of the amount of garbage picked up. 1,310 kg were collected from the Fish and Game, and 2,730 kg were collected from the GBHR.

Thanks again to all that took part and we hope we have as many take part at the next cleanup, on July 12.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2008, 04:41:18 PM »

Good job to Chris and the others who helped in the clean up. I feel bad that I never went, but seems its always on soccer saturdays for me. Ill aim for the summer one, but I always do my part when im using the river, and that means taking more then a fish home.  ;)
The Bigger The Better!