Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Solicited a Couple of Derby Prizes  (Read 1815 times)

nosey

Solicited a Couple of Derby Prizes
« on: January 19, 2008, 05:41:09 PM »

Although we don't have a lot of Vedder River fishermen up here in Hope, Cheyenne Sports was enough to kick in a couple of hats and a box of 20 assorted flies when I mentioned the work the guys from FWR do in cleaning up the river. Here's a very generous donation from Don Campbell when I told him about the derby, he gave me my choice of three cp's he had in as a donation as he's also heard of the cleanup work done by FWR members and although he's not a member would like to contribute in a positive way. I picked a nice green one that's really tight, light, and runs strait and true, being an old avon guy I picked the one with the clicker button on the top.

I know I duplicated the reel in both pics but if you realize how long it takes to download a picture to photobucket on dialup you'd understand why I wasn't fooling around taking another one.
cya tomorrow

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Solicited a Couple of Derby Prizes
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 06:58:52 PM »

Well done.Thanks to Cheyenne, Don and you for getting the prizes donated.

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 08:07:50 PM »

Thanks Nosey, Cheyenne Sports and Don. A really nice donation and much appreciated.

Jet

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 09:54:05 PM »

Good work Nosey, pretty cool you chosing the reel then winning it. Way to go buddy.