Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trade Sundin ?  (Read 4996 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Trade Sundin ?
« on: January 08, 2008, 07:59:44 PM »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Trade Sundin ?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 08:40:00 PM »

I will not allow it and I am the major money behind the Leafs. ;D ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 09:41:37 PM »

So that's where the empties and floats are going. ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 11:19:37 PM »

There are other Leaf fans on this forum but are too embarrassed to admit that in public. Frankly I don't blame them. ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 12:08:53 AM »

Heard on the late sports that Sundin has waived his no trade clause but wants to be traded to a contender. Even the captain wants to abandon the sinking ship. :) Tough to be a Leaf fan.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 05:56:44 AM »

you guys are sooo silly...of course Sundin will be moved at the deadline if the Leafs are out of it...and that appears likely...but don' be gettin' yer panties in a knot here...Sundin will waive his NTC if it benefits the team....how could it not...but he's also a FA at seasons end...so there is also a good chance he re-signs with the Buds...he has always maintained he wanted to retire on the Leafs...so send your offers in lads...we'll pick the best deal and have the big Swede back next season with a stronger core...forget it,,...we don' want Naz or Linden....we need scorers not floaters(we have our own floaters ;D)...;)))

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 07:50:27 AM »

We wouldn't give you linden he is just the heart and sole of this canucks team I think. but you can have nazzy. He would greatly improve your shootout skills ;D but then again we would just be getting another washed up swede in return so we'll just stick to what we have ;D
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 11:07:25 AM »

.so send your offers in lads...we'll pick the best deal and have the big Swede back next season with a stronger core...forget it,,...we don' want Naz or Linden....we need scorers not floaters(we have our own floaters ;D)...;)))

mojo

How about Naslund, the rights to Chubarov, and a bag of practice pucks??

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 11:47:15 AM »

.so send your offers in lads...we'll pick the best deal and have the big Swede back next season with a stronger core...forget it,,...we don' want Naz or Linden....we need scorers not floaters(we have our own floaters ;D)...;)))

mojo

How about Naslund, the rights to Chubarov, and a bag of practice pucks??

Mastercaster, let's not take advantage of them when they're down, give them two bags of game pucks. If I was John Ferguson I would take that in a heartbeat.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 12:53:49 PM »

hehehe....you guys will pee yer pants is Sundin gets traded....'specially since your team is one of a few  who is frothing at the mouth for him....yep...we'll gut your team for Sundin....the resign him in the summer....and another 37 years of whining from the 'Nuk faithful.... ;D

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 01:08:22 PM »

This coming from a guy who's team hasn't been in the finals since 1967  ;D Leaf Deflation !

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 06:38:17 PM »

The word from the Toronto Star sports writers that have spoken to various sport talk shows is that Sundin wants to retire as a Leaf, doesn't want to get traded even to a contender, and that it doesn't matter to him if he ever gets a "ring".  Getting the gold in the last Olympics is the icing on the cake for him....don't think I would want a player with that kind of attitude on the Canucks if he doesn't care about ever winning the cup.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 07:07:54 PM »

Now there is a definition of a "loser" if I ever heard one. ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 07:54:11 PM »

What? Sundin is and has been the best Leaf player ever, he will get his ring in Toronto, you watch. ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2008, 09:13:50 PM »

What? Sundin is and has been the best Leaf player ever, he will get his ring in Toronto, you watch. ;D ;D

Reminds me of a joke: What do you call a Toronto Maple Leaf with a Stanley Cup ring ?

Answer: A thief  ;D