Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stave River ?????  (Read 1740 times)

oddjob

• woof woof
Stave River ?????
« on: November 09, 2007, 04:43:53 PM »

I have driven past the Stave River numerous times but have never stopped to fish ,where would you fish on the stave river ? and what is the toilet bowl that is mentioned on the stave river ? What would you use to catch chum there ? I have a visitor in town who has never caught a salmon . A chum would brighten his stay .

Piranha

Re: Stave River ?????
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 05:22:25 PM »

fish on either side of the river. You can go up Hayward St. all the way to the park located before the dam. Or take Wilson St. and go up until you see a trailer park on your left and park around there on the other side of the street. I used croc spoon, silver with red stripe on the side and worked most of the time. I guess they will bite anything you throw at them

Zach

• Fishing Photo's
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 05:41:09 PM »

I like to fish near the trailer park. My favorite rig is to drift some chartreuse wool under a float. I have good luck casting into the seams. The river is generally crowed, but if u take a look around and go for a walk, you should be able to find some unoccupied places.

Hope this helps ;D

Zach

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 05:42:18 PM »

Remember to brings some cotton balls to put in your nose, the smell up there is pretty rank with all the dead decaying fish lying around, the smell is so bad you can actually taste it in your mouth afterwards :P. Your best bet would be fishing the toilet bowl "the pool below the dam where the water circles around like a toilet bowl". For catching coho, roe drifted under a float would be my first choice, if you just want to catch a few chum wool will work good but your chances of catching a clean looking chum are getting smaller by the day.

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 09:24:43 AM »

thanks for all the help, will try on sunday . Just one more question are you using spiners and crocs under a float or no float ?