Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Three Gents from Denmark  (Read 2032 times)

Pat AV

Three Gents from Denmark
« on: October 15, 2007, 06:38:11 PM »

Hello,

I had the pleasure of meeting 3 gents from Denmark when I was upcountry glo-bugging for big rainbows. They had all mentioned that they were friends of this forum. I believe there names were Henrick, Frank and .......I am bad with names so I can only come up with 2/3 (and they may be wrong as well).

When we parted company they were on their way to the Squamish to end off their BC road trip.

All good guys and fine fly-fishers, I am interested to know how the tail end of their trip turned out for them.

Pat
Like STS pics? Check out my gallery at http://gallery.flybc.ca/patav

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Three Gents from Denmark
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 09:33:10 PM »

Henrik, Ryan and Alan. ;) They're back in Denmark now. Did they catch fish? I've never seen them hooking fish after so many trips together in Denmark... ;D

Pat AV

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 08:23:47 AM »

Rodney,

Like I said bad with names.......

Yes they hooked some very nice fish and seemed to be having a blast. How did they make out on the Squamish? I gave them a few ideas for new water bodies to hit on their next trip out here. I will post the pic that one of them (I will give up on names) took of me with a beauty once I get the pics off of my camera.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 11:34:31 AM »

I'm not sure how they did on the Squamish, I didn't even know they made it down to the Squamish because the original plan for them is to spend most of the time up north. They were supposed to call if that plan changed, I guess they didn't want me to have the fun too. :P ;D I'm sure one of them will report once they settle down back home, probably still jet lagged.

Johncke

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 11:29:41 AM »

Hej Pat

Nice to hear from you. Hope the pictures I took of you turned out all right. We did go to the Squamish and fished one afternoon. It rained all night and in the morning the river was way up and un fishable so we changed our plans and went to the Chilliwack.

Lots of fish in the Chilliwack – and lots of fishermen. We had just fished the Skeena, Zymoetz, Kispiox, Bulkley and Morice and of cause the river where we met you. So seeing the Circus surrounding the fishing in Chilliwack was kind off an anticlimax. So we decided to call it a day.

We had a blast of a tour, in many ways thanks to the guys we met along the way, always ready to help out with directions and local info. You, Ken D from Oscar’s in Smithers – coming in on his day of to help us out – Rodney who – as usual helped us in so many ways – Leona and Randy from Northcoast Anglers in Terrace who helped us with lots of local info in the Terrace area - just to name a few. If we hadn’t met Dan  >:( from a local shop in Terrace we would have left BC with the notion that all Canadians where extremely nice and friendly  ;D

All I can say is that if any of you ever find yourself on our side of the “Big Drink” we would love to give some back so please don’t hesitate for info or guidance in Scandinavia or Europe for that matter. We will be fishing with Rodney along the Danish coast come December - and if every thing goes as planned he will catch his first Sea Trout in the salt  ::)  ;D Hope to see you all when we return for 3 weeks in 2008.  Until then take care and stay out of harms way . . .

Kindest Regards
Henrik Allan and Ryan  ;)

« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 03:27:32 AM by Johncke »
Gravity Sucks !

Pat AV

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 12:45:40 PM »

Hey Guys good to hear you made it home safe!

Thanks for the kind words and I think that you will find overall most of us BCers are quite nice folks, however as alway there will be exceptions.

I hear you on the vedder/chilliwack being "Anticlimactic", I spent 8 months in the Yukon and Alaska  and then took a 1 month road trip to Terrace right after I got back. Needless to say I have never been able to see my local rivers quite the same way. That is why I now seek out less well know rivers like the one I met you guys on. The drive may be a little longer but it is like night and day compared to our local flows.

The pictures turned out great thanks so much for taking them, I will post them on this thread whenever I get a chance!

Tight Lines and enjoy the Sea Trout, it sounds like fun! One more thing on the already impossibly long to do list!

Pat

PS: Really sorry about the names guys the old brain dosent work like it used to  ::)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 12:48:31 PM by Pat AV »