Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2007 Vedder River conditions  (Read 78059 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: 2007 Vedder River conditions
« Reply #195 on: November 04, 2007, 05:42:56 PM »

Just checked, visibility much improved from the am and dropped a couple of inches too. ;D ;D I would say around 2 feet now, in the Lower. Should be perfect for tomorrows outing, sorry for those that have to be working  ;D ;D but we will tell you how it goes on FWR, your top web page in The North West for fishing information, tall tails ;D ;D, tips, videos and much more. ;D ;D ;D

hotrod

« Reply #196 on: November 05, 2007, 06:48:44 AM »

You know Chris, I went out anyways and you were right the Vis totally sucked. But I did manage a nice hatchery doe around 5 lbs (coho).The river was droppin like mad by the end of the day!

Hotrod

Hollis

« Reply #197 on: November 05, 2007, 07:30:10 AM »

Was out Sunday till noon. 1-spring,1-chum and no coho. I did see some moron snag and kill a wild coho, I  chased him off the river.
Water should be awesome today unfortunatley have to work.
The Fish Wisperer

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #198 on: November 05, 2007, 10:28:41 AM »

Yes it was excellent today. I left Rodney, The Master, Don, Shane and Gwyn at the hot spot and went to another spot where I hooked a fairly fresh chum that I lost. Then tragically struck I lost my special Maple Leaf DNE Float on the sixth cast and went home depressed. :'( >:( :(

Large reward offered if you find it. ???

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #199 on: November 05, 2007, 10:24:58 PM »

Then tragically struck I lost my special Maple Leaf DNE Float on the sixth cast and went home depressed. :'( >:( :(

AH!!! :o :o :o :o :o :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

That's why you didn't answer your phone for an invitation to Cookies... :-\

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #200 on: November 06, 2007, 01:00:09 AM »

Yes it was excellent today. I left Rodney, The Master, Don, Shane and Gwyn at the hot spot and went to another spot where I hooked a fairly fresh chum that I lost. Then tragically struck I lost my special Maple Leaf DNE Float on the sixth cast and went home depressed. :'( >:( :(

Reminds me of a certain hockey team that is going downhill. ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #201 on: November 06, 2007, 07:22:31 AM »

Reminds me of a certain hockey team that is going downhill. ;D
Going out to search for it and things will be bright and beautiful again, if I find it, conditions should be excellent to make a cast or two while you slave away at work my friend. ;D ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #202 on: November 06, 2007, 10:18:13 AM »

Could not find the float, so still depressed so did not fish. ??? The Master phoned and he picked up a nice hatchery 7 pound doe so Coho still around. ;D  We will talk things over at Cookies and then may go out and continue the search.

Conditions by the way are still perfect. ;D

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #203 on: November 06, 2007, 04:26:47 PM »

sorry to hear your depressed chris, i guess its not going to help when my Sens crush your leafs tonight. ;D
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #204 on: November 06, 2007, 06:41:39 PM »

A enjoyable late breakfast with The Master at Cookies who took 2 nice hatchery coho at the TC by the way helped relieve me of my stress of losing my Maple Leaf DNE float yesterday.
 With a few chores done, a nap I made the TC run with an hour of fishing time left.

When I got there a fellow was into fish after fish that gave me hope of getting some too but I found out when I accidentally hooked his line later he had about a 8 foot leader ??? ::) with only a single jensen egg on, a least he had a barbless hook.

I moved into the top of the run to get away from this activity and after a few casts just as the new attached Maple Leaf DNE nearly reaches the log (Rodney will know the spot) ;D it disappears. Darn the log I think but by golly the log is moving. ;D

With this log a real obstacle when you hook a fish you have to try to pull the fish towards you to clear it and continue to play the fish. Luckily I am successful and a nice 6 pound doe coho lays in the water at my feet. I look for the missing fin but I see the adipose is still there, a unclipped one that quickly scoots away when the hook is pulled from the roof of its mouth.

Another 20 minutes of fishing equals not a bite and as I wade back to the Leaf Mobile as the rain dimples the water around me  I wonder if this will be the last coho I will beach this year, number 15.

To keep on topic, conditions were just perfect, will they hold for tomorrow, time will tell I guess, however if the rain they forcast for the next 3 days arrives maybe the coho season will be over on the Vedder for another year. :-\

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #205 on: November 08, 2007, 09:38:26 AM »

So conditions bad now? weekend predictions...?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #206 on: November 08, 2007, 10:01:35 AM »

So conditions bad now? weekend predictions...?
Have not looked but will later in the day.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #207 on: November 08, 2007, 11:38:07 AM »

Just got a call from Lew and river is still fishable, he is in the middle river at the present.

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #208 on: November 08, 2007, 04:29:21 PM »

So how did Lew make out?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #209 on: November 08, 2007, 05:09:51 PM »

So how did Lew make out?
I believe he was into a couple of coho but he said water was starting to color up some, when he left.

Your guess on conditions for tomorrow.