Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2007 Vedder River conditions  (Read 78051 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: 2007 Vedder River conditions
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2007, 04:38:44 PM »

Conditions improved this afternoon, I guided The Master to a "Hot Spot" and of course he was into a number of fish including two coho.

I did not want to be outfished so I just filmed the action and got some great video of The Master at work. ;D ;D The guiding fee and tip was great too, tips on how to catch them,from Nick.

Tomorrow is another day of course and I expect great fishing conditions and lots of fish. ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #106 on: October 11, 2007, 04:56:52 PM »

The guiding fee and tip was great too,

I may have to report this to the appropriate authorities. ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2007, 06:39:14 PM »

The guiding fee and tip was great too,

I may have to report this to the appropriate authorities. ;D
You must read my posts more closely in the future, the guiding fee I received from The Master were tips on how to catch fish. Tips you can only receive from The Master himself. ;D ;D

He might consider giving you some one day as well. ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 07:42:35 PM by chris gadsden »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2007, 07:04:36 PM »

The one tip I received from The Master was don't fish with a guy wearing a Make Belief hat. ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2007, 08:56:49 PM »

The one tip I received from The Master was don't fish with a guy wearing a Make Belief hat. ;D
After tonight everyone will be wearing one.

Water conditons for the next few days should be great  ;D ;D, get out there before the coho run ends.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2007, 12:08:01 PM »

Hey Chris I was going threw some of my fishing gear and I found a couple of balsa floats(3) for you. They are the green cnc ones. There yours if you want them.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2007, 12:16:13 PM »

Wow what great conditions we had this morning as Lew, Riverman, Chad and I had some good action.

Not like the previous two days when the bite was not first thing it was today. We missed many, barbed some and lost others. Our count was 6 or 7 coho beached all were unclipped accept the one I was fortunate to land, a nice buck in the 6 pound range. I also beached 3 others so you see it pays to use a Maple Leaf DNE float as I celebrated last nights Leafs 8-1 win. ;D ;D

After hitting many chinook jacks the last few days we landed none today. We saw some nice coho surface also.

Conditions should remain excellent for the weekend. ;D ;D Remember short floating with good roe is the ticket.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2007, 12:21:23 PM »

Hey Chris I was going threw some of my fishing gear and I found a couple of balsa floats(3) for you. They are the green cnc ones. There yours if you want them.
Thanks so much but I have so many floats and if I bring many more home I will turn into a full time fisherman as my wife will make me sleep not in the dog house but on the river bank. ;D ;D

When I got home yesterday my wife had cleaned up my room and there was a bag full of floats by the back door, lucky it was not a packed suitcase. ;D ;D

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #113 on: October 12, 2007, 12:27:08 PM »

Hey Chris,

Your reports have been great over the past weeks, I really appreciate them.  I'm kinda new to this board, but know a lot of the people here fairly well (Rod, Dion, etc) through long-time memberships on other boards.  Keep the water condition reports and fishing updates coming!

I'm heading in to battle the crowds tomorrow, and again next week (Wednesday or Thursday).  You gonna be out at all?  Wanna meet up for a cast or two? 

Cheers,
Tex

PS - I don't like the leafs though.  We might have to fight about that.  ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #114 on: October 12, 2007, 12:46:21 PM »

Hey Chris,

Your reports have been great over the past weeks, I really appreciate them.  I'm kinda new to this board, but know a lot of the people here fairly well (Rod, Dion, etc) through long-time memberships on other boards.  Keep the water condition reports and fishing updates coming!

I'm heading in to battle the crowds tomorrow, and again next week (Wednesday or Thursday).  You gonna be out at all?  Wanna meet up for a cast or two? 

Cheers,
Tex

PS - I don't like the leafs though.  We might have to fight about that.  ;)
Not sure what my schedule is at this time as I will be getting ready for a meeting with the Minister re the current fishing issues. If you can, get out as it is hard to say how much of the coho season on the Vedder will be left.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2007, 05:06:52 AM »

Clear sky this am, try to get on the water at first light if you are after biting coho.

Although at times the bite came on when the sun hit the water, Rodney can attest to that a few years back as the bite then came on, go figure those coho.
Not fishing today as will leave the water to the weekenders and will be watching you pull them in. ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #116 on: October 14, 2007, 08:06:59 PM »

Once again perfect at dark hope it holds so we can shoot the video this week.

Stopped by KWB to cleanup the garbage, just at dark and they were pulling in some nice coho, using Krocodiles. ;D ;D that means the coho are still coming by and with the rain on the way it will send more into some other systems too. ;D ;D

A fellow got a nice chinook today also at KWB 25 pounds or so and it was a RED, nice fish.

A good week ahead too bad most of you will have to work but I will convey you info so you can read it while you are working. ;D ;D Maybe a sick day is in the offering for you. ???

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #117 on: October 14, 2007, 08:17:57 PM »

Stopped by KWB to cleanup the garbage, just at dark and they were pulling in some nice coho, using Krocodiles. ;D ;D that means the coho are still coming by and with the rain on the way it will send more into some other systems too. ;D ;D

A fellow got a nice chinook today also at KWB 25 pounds or so and it was a RED, nice fish.

A good week ahead too bad most of you will have to work but I will convey you info so you can read it while you are working. ;D ;D Maybe a sick day is in the offering for you. ???
I have tomorrow off Chris..... you wanna go fishing? ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #118 on: October 14, 2007, 08:29:01 PM »

I have tomorrow off Chris..... you wanna go fishing? ;D
Thanks but I may be guiding Rodney and The Master.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #119 on: October 14, 2007, 08:33:27 PM »

Thanks but I may be guiding Rodney and The Master.

Guiding?? :o More like supervising and directing us on filming at 7:00am. :-\ I better get some fishing time in as well... ;D :P