Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best River Vest  (Read 2376 times)

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!
Best River Vest
« on: September 20, 2007, 09:51:59 PM »

I use to wear a vest.... then due to back problems got rid of it
Switched over to a back pack but it still hurts my back, plus my gear  gets very unorganized in there >:( >:( >:(
So I'm wanting a vest again
I've seen the trophy and pioneer vest, but are there any other recomendations

Thanks

Ray

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: Best River Vest
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 10:07:44 PM »

why not try one of those packs for fly fishing. everything fits neatly into it and instead of being on your back it is in the front. There are even some that have a small back pack with the chest pack. I am swithing over to one for fly fishing instead of my fly vest. Dragon fly just came out with a new one and Randy at Hatch matchers has them in. Ton of pockets, two water bottle holders even has a cover that you can pull out from the bottom to pull over it to keep things dry.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 10:10:20 PM »

The Compleat Angler has served me well. 12 pockets to hold whatever you want or need

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 10:12:35 PM »

If you are concerned about your back i would not recommend the pioneer vest, because its fairly heavier than the trophy vests.

Sandhead

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 11:18:29 PM »

I have a sensitive back as well and I love my patagonia double haul vest. Highly recommended.

Patagonia has the best quality and warrantry out of any manufactors out there. check it out on the patagonia.com website
Ain't no HO like a COHO

Ed

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 10:08:09 AM »

I heard the Simms G3 Guide Vest was a really light vest even when you fill it up with equipment? I just bought one recently but haven't used it yet but from what i "read" from the website they are pretty nice vests but just a bit pricey.

avid angler

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 11:18:09 AM »

dude get a fanny pack, most stores will sell quality ones, lite and easy to hike and fish and can hold all your gear and wont hurt your back.

Blackrt03

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 04:54:22 PM »

I was thinking about getting a simms vest.Havn't decide witch one yet.They look pretty good with lots of pockets.. Let me know if anyone picked one up.

tight Line RT

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 05:11:41 PM »

dude get a fanny pack, most stores will sell quality ones, lite and easy to hike and fish and can hold all your gear and wont hurt your back.

I don't no if I can do the fanny pack thing..... after bugging a few of my friends that wore them back in the day ;D man purse  ;D