Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser sept 15th  (Read 1545 times)

Yopesco

Fraser sept 15th
« on: September 15, 2007, 06:22:16 PM »

Went to the Fraser today with a friend to two bits park area, got at the river ~7:30, not a gong show but there was a good amount of people. Fished the area for 3 hours moving from spot to spot and saw only one fish taken by a guy very early morning. Very few rises and no even a sniff for us. The people on boats didn't seem to be doing much better.
Ended up going for bass and my buddy caught a bunch of them (me, only one), kind of saved the day for him (give him a break, the guy is from Ontario ;D).
They are gone :-[

Yopesco

Blackrt03

Re: Fraser sept 15th
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 06:40:59 PM »

Was out this morning nothing.Only saw one landed and very few hits.Notice the lower  been slowing down might have to head up higher.Is everybody having the same

hawg hunter

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 07:16:44 PM »

Out this afternoon below the Alex Fraser. Was fishing for Sturgeon but brought along the spinning rods for the kids. No action there but did hook into a nice Sturgeon that unbuttoned himself. Watched another fellow play one for what seemed to be forever. Turns out he played it for about an hour and a half before losing it.  :(
Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish.  ~Roderick Haig-Brown

Obi Wan

• Fins & Skins... Ya Baby!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 11:08:10 PM »

Landed & kept one late morning in Richmond. Saw one other guy hooked & lost one.

Not many people putting in efforts anymore. Haven't seen a school go through 5 days. You'd be lucky to hook into a straggler.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 11:09:49 PM by Obi Wan »
May the fish be with you!

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 11:43:31 PM »

This weekend was one of the best I have seen yet , Friday hooked and landed at least 25 fish in maybe 2 hours, today I hooked and landed 8 fish in about an hour, everyone around me were also constantly into fish including a few chrome Springs taken by barfishers... the fish are there , just gotta find em I guess
TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 12:04:46 AM »

I guess TH fished upper Fraser and the slow reports are probably in the tidal section. That may account for the difference in action.l  :) ;)