Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tidal Fraser River September 13th, 2007  (Read 4392 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Tidal Fraser River September 13th, 2007
« on: September 13, 2007, 10:25:01 AM »

I bet Fish Assassin is still in bed... ;) He was no where to be seen this morning. Actually, I almost stayed in bed when the alarm went off at 5:45am, but the persistence of those snooze settings eventually got me out of there.

Today marks the last outing of my dad's pink salmon hunt. After 10s of hours of trying, he was satisfied with three landed fish and realizing that a lot of work needs to be put in when fishing for pacific salmon species. It may take several hundred casts per day, but those sudden tugs followed by the runs and jumps quickly erase all frustration.

We hit the road at 6:30am. The sun was already creeping up from the dense fog on the horizon. Obi Wan and Ahans were already at the spot when we arrived. They reported two fish landed already. Few were surfacing, it seemed like a productive morning ahead of us.

Vince and his dad pulled up soon after, followed by Pier Boy, then Mykiss, then gman showed up in his work clothes to sneak a few casts in before work. ;D It was turning into an early morning FWR convention. ;D

Ahans was able to connect with three fish, but managed to lose them all! One of the fish was so close to my net. So very close, but he has to wait for another tide change until possibly landing his first one of the season. Speaking of firsts, Vince's dad finally landed his first pink salmon of the year since he started trying in late August. Mykiss netted a fish for his friend, who caught it in pretty shallow water. I lost a rather big fish, which I suspected to be a chum based on its size. Dad unfortunately did not get anymore fish. I guess he just has to settle with the hat trick from earlier this week. A few more were lost by few other people. More fish showed up today, but they just couldn't stick onto the hook.

Good luck to those who are able to get out this afternoon. :)

Casting into the misty river. This morning's coolness is an indication of fall's arrival.

Ahans fighting one of his pink salmon before saying goodbye to it.

Splashy pink salmon.

Good net job Mykiss!

A fine morning catch.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 10:47:51 AM by Rodney »

Tee

Re: Tidal Fraser River September 13th
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 10:47:57 AM »

Thanks again for sharing, Rod. I sure hope to get out again.  ;D ;D
I only fish on days that end with "y".

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Tidal Fraser River September 13th, 2007
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 11:12:38 AM »

Actually I caught my limit before the arrival of the FWR convention delegates. ;D ;D Excellent report Rod

hawg hunter

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 01:43:29 PM »

Tried my hand yesterday as well. Fishing for pinks , three hook ups three lost.  Sturgeon was 1 for 2. Pretty slow for us.
Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish.  ~Roderick Haig-Brown

chris37

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 01:49:47 PM »

where is misty river ?

gheart008

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 02:00:43 PM »

where is misty river ?

I'm not sure if he's being sarcastic or not...  ???

marooned

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 02:18:59 PM »

Where abouts were you guys fishing?  I was out this morning about the same time 6am-9am near the 3 rd. pier and saw very few fish and not even a hookup.

BladeKid

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 08:26:50 PM »

where is misty river ?

I'm not sure if he's being sarcastic or not...  ???
lol..i can't tell either. Anyways thanks for another interesting report. I dont know a guy who fishes for more pinks than you ;D.

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 08:48:45 PM »

Misty River produces many pink salmon every odd year. You can fish creek/river mouths, bars, off of dykes and rocks. Pink spoons will produce well around this time. Time your tides right also if you want to hook fish.

MISTY RIVER
= THE FRASER RIVER    ;D ;D

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 09:11:17 PM »

Fished around 3rd Rd pier around 4:00PM to 6:PM  in Richmond. Dead slow even with rising tide. There were about 15 to 20 people fishing and I didn't notice any fish being landed. The evening tide seems to be not doing well.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 09:17:42 PM »

The FWR Convention was still going strong tonight. The after work shift was out in force.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 09:32:32 PM »

The FWR Convention was still going strong tonight. The after work shift was out in force.

And no fish from what I heard. Good thing I stayed home. ;D

gheart008

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 12:19:51 AM »

The evening tide seems to be not doing well.

I agree... I've been heading out after work every day now and every single day it's been dead quiet... I wish I had time to fish before I head into work...  :-\

I think for me personally, I'm going to go early morning on Saturday and try out the morning incoming tide... but after that I'm pretty much done for the season.  Don't see a point since the season is already dying down with no fish to be seen during the evening tide around the richmond to new westminster area.

I think I'm going to have to accept the fact that I won't catch a single pink this season...  :-[... :'(
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 12:30:47 AM by gheart008 »

Kevgor

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 07:54:16 AM »

The evening tides have had a very low range only 4 ft this week. That's probably why the fishing has been slow in the evenings. Next week the range widens and I'd guess that the fish push will be back on

Kevgor
Kevgor -

gheart008

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2007, 08:23:36 AM »

The evening tides have had a very low range only 4 ft this week. That's probably why the fishing has been slow in the evenings. Next week the range widens and I'd guess that the fish push will be back on

Kevgor

Really? From the charts I'm looking at, the range actually reduces to 1-2 feet next week during the evenings...