Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NFL Chat  (Read 2438 times)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
NFL Chat
« on: September 08, 2007, 09:45:35 PM »

OK the season has officially started with the Colts THUMPING the Saints. Peyton Manning looked in mid season form, Addai was strong and the Colts defense looked ten times better than last year. Drew Brees, Reggie Bush and Deuce McAllister were terrible. The funniest part of the game was watching Jason David of the Saints. First he gets burned for the first TD of the game than gets into the endzone himself. Than he gets burned for 2 more TD's. Now he is a former Colt, how much is that hurting him right now LOL

My Broncos take on the Bills and their young offense. JP Losman is in his 2nd full year as a starter and Lynch is the new tailback. Lynch did not have a very impressive pre season. Bills defense is their strength. I think Cutler will have a good day and Henry providing a spark from the backfield. The Broncos have two of the best corners in the game with Bailey and Bly as both are ball hogs and should perform even better as they will both be trying to out do one another. DJ Williams is one of the most underrated LB's in the game and is solid. Broncos also just signed Simeon Rice to shore up their defensive line. I really think the Broncos will be challenging the Chargers for the division title. We all know the Raiders have their problems and the Chiefs are a one man show with Larry Johnson.

Who are your favorite teams and how do you see them finishing?

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

bentrod

• Old Timer
Re: NFL Chat
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 08:18:48 AM »

I was impressed with the Colts.  I didn't think they'd look that good.  I like the Seahawks, but they've broken my heart too many times.  I also really like Regie Bush, but think the Saints are a little soft.  Can't stand the Giants, Steelers, Bears or Cowboys. 

coryandtrevor

• Winter : Stick on the ice , fly in the water
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 06:45:23 PM »

I was impressed with the Colts.  I didn't think they'd look that good.  I like the Seahawks, but they've broken my heart too many times.  I also really like Regie Bush, but think the Saints are a little soft.  Can't stand the Giants, Steelers, Bears or Cowboys. 

Cant stand the Steelers ? C'mon ! Pittsburgh will top the AFC north if Roeburger keeps the gift wrapped interceptions to a minimum. No interceptions in the first game but........
"The swing is the thing but the tug is the drug" - Unknown

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 08:02:17 PM »

Until the Steelers can prove that they can WIN the superbowl, I'll keep off their bandwagon.  Go Seahawks!!!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 08:48:34 PM »

Well Broncos won again and are now 2-0. Chargers, and Chiefs and Raiders all lose giving first in the West to my Broncos. Sure the Broncos won in OT but who cares a W is a W regardless. Chargers look terrible under Turner. LT has stunk in both games. That O-Line of the Chargers is getting beaten badly.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 08:57:03 PM »

You forgot how bad the Sea chickens did.  Looks like the Broncos can hit the cruise control button pretty soon.  They're in a pretty good spot.  Funny how the Chargers got spanked.  I think they were talking trash about the Pats all week. 

Zpg

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 04:01:17 PM »

Well Broncos won again and are now 2-0. Chargers, and Chiefs and Raiders all lose giving first in the West to my Broncos. Sure the Broncos won in OT but who cares a W is a W regardless. Chargers look terrible under Turner. LT has stunk in both games. That O-Line of the Chargers is getting beaten badly.

Bronco's pulled another game out of their butts on the last play...well this week the play AFTER what should have been the last play!!! :D That being said my Chargers looked like highschool kids against the Pats last night...ouch. I hope it was just an off night for the Bolts otherwise look out for the Pats this year.

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 12:30:00 PM »

Seahawks are the biggest posers in the NFL.  Their "dink and dunk" highschool offense finally caught up to them.  They're supposed to have the thickest playbook in the league, but from what I've seen, they're only using 2 pages.  I'm getting to the point where I'm rooting against them in hopes of some wholesale changes.