Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser River Pinks  (Read 3924 times)

Johnny_5

Fraser River Pinks
« on: August 24, 2007, 01:01:17 PM »

I'm new to the area, and am looking for some good spots to access the fraser for pink fishing.  I'll be casting from shore.  I understand that the dikes in Richmond can be a good place, but don't really know where the access is good since I'm not from that area.  Are there any good spots further upriver?  I'm not looking for your secret spot or anything, but if you don't want to post it on the board, you can PM me.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Fraser River Pinks
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 01:06:49 PM »

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 01:07:57 PM »

Also Ft.Langley has some spots like Duncan Bar ( actually Abotsford ), 2 bit bar and Derby Reach.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

redside1

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 05:11:27 PM »

just purchase a map of the lower mainland and almost any place you can access the river from one of the many "river roads" in Delta, Richmond,Langley, New West, etc, and you should be able to find a spot to fish if the run size does reach 19.2 million fish as still projected.

Hook, Line and Sinker

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 12:13:16 AM »

Johnny 5, I can confirm that Duncan Bar is a nice spot; I was out there this Monday morn, scouting the place out. Loooong stretch of beach with easy access and witnessed one of the oldtimers pull in a nice fat pink. You can park right beside the bar and thereby keep tabs on your vehicle (if you're new to the area, don't find out the hard way that there's a huge 'theft from auto' problem in the Lower Mainland). But as others have stated, there's miles and miles of good stretches of the Fraser that are easily accessible by car and even transit.

To get a good idea and an overview of the territory, try Google Earth; it's a free download that has real satellite photos of the whole planet. Zoom in on the Fraser and you'll get a much better picture of what streets lead directly to shore access and which ones dead end at a railyard/private property/industrial area/etc.

With 20 million salmon inbound in the next 3 weeks, it's hard to go wrong, really. Just follow this handy chart:

- drive towards Fraser, stop before truck tires spin in mud

-tie line to sharp thing

-throw sharp thing away from face then pull it back in

-is sharp thing wet? ok, then throw it back same direction

-sharp thing has glass on it and alarm is ringing? turn 180 degrees, throw sharp thing again. Practice following sentence, "Your window is broken? Ask those guys in the nice jackets over there, I think I saw them do it. The ones with 'DFO' written on the lapel, yes, those ones."

flatlander

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 06:22:32 PM »

Any good shore spots for Pinks in POCO?  I've heard that around the Port Mann may be a good spot.

redside1

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 09:59:13 PM »

ther were a few pinks showing late tonight at Deas Island park. Managed to hook a couple and talked to one guy that saw a couple caught by a guy fly fishing. It's starting to happen I guess.

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 10:49:54 AM »

Any good shore spots for Pinks in POCO?  I've heard that around the Port Mann may be a good spot.

yes it is ;)
weeeeeeeeeow!

Johnny_5

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 01:09:29 PM »

Thanks for all the spots.  It'll save me lots of driving around.  Now all we need are some fish.

Bhinky

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 11:28:23 AM »

How about the mouth of the coquitlam is that a decent place for them? is there decent enough shore/banks there?

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 12:36:15 PM »

Yes, there is a nice bar just downstream.