Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: STOLEN 40 HP YAMAHA 2 stroke JET BOAT MOTOR  (Read 1282 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
STOLEN 40 HP YAMAHA 2 stroke JET BOAT MOTOR
« on: August 12, 2007, 11:03:28 AM »

Late Saturday night or early Sunday morning August 5, 2007 I had stolen from my Williams Lake residence a 40 HP YAMAHA 2 stroke grey outboard JET MOTOR. 2000 Model MJHX serial #6H4-193557 valued at $5,200. My boat was parked in my yard and the motor was removed from the boat by taking off the four bolts that attach the motor to the boat. The motor weighs aprox 144 lbs. A neighbors house was B&E as well that night. I have attached a photo of the motor in case you may see it in your travels. There are some very unique features to this motor. The alluminum reverse gate was recently welded. The pull start string has a black rubber gasket surrounding the cover. This gasket does not fit snug as the cover is slightly cracked at this location. The motors fuel filter is attached to the motor with a bolt and nut under the top cover. I have removed the nut from the bolt and have the fuel filter more readibly accessible to clean. I know it’s a long shot but perhaps you can be on the look out for this motor if it surfaces in your local areas. I am offering a reward for the return of the motor. The local RCMP are aware of the matter and please feel free to pass on this info as you see fit. Thanks.

Ken

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: STOLEN 40 HP YAMAHA 2 stroke JET BOAT MOTOR
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 11:08:36 AM »

I hear Williams Lake is like the crime capital of BC. I hope he gets his motor back.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

bentrod

• Old Timer
Re: STOLEN 40 HP YAMAHA 2 stroke JET BOAT MOTOR
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 12:26:23 PM »

Sorry to hear that.  Do you have any insurance on it?  If it means anything, those guys will get what's coming to them one day.  The only bummer is that you don't always get to be there when it happens.