Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SCALE BAR  (Read 2832 times)

scalper66

• here fishy fishy
SCALE BAR
« on: August 08, 2007, 11:25:53 AM »

just wondering if scale bar is producing anything right now and when we will be able to go there and get into some good numbers of pinks

Athezone

• Old Timer
Re: SCALE BAR
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 04:41:18 PM »

The scale bar has been producing big numbers of fish for quite some time now and will continue to for a good long while. Every single time I've been there I've seen a minimum of 40 huge springs caught and I do mean huge. Not to many pinks yet but they're coming. Oh, hi Chris.  :D

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 04:48:10 PM »

Are people walking out to the middle now in the lower section of Scale Bar? That session was shallowing up fast the last I fished a week ago, with peole at the bottom end actually wading out and fished from the middle of the river. The top end near the boundary should have very little water going through. Can anyone confirm that? When did you fish it last Athezone?

funruh

• feeeesh
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 11:03:23 PM »

"Every single time I've been there I've seen a minimum of 40 huge springs caught and I do mean huge."

I would say this is a stretch, I  have seen and heard of fish caught this year but not at levels like we have seen in previous years. You will have to put in your time and you probably won't see 40 fish caught in a day.  Many or most people are going home empty handed.  If it was that easy they'd call it catching not fishing.

please take it easy on the sockeye
Cheers,

river walker

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 01:07:53 AM »

:-\ flossers are getting them  big time!  40on the boat for me . is I fish plugs ,spoons and float fish roe... my tag has been full for well over a month. 
"Second best head..... STEELHEAD"

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 01:33:41 AM »

"Every single time I've been there I've seen a minimum of 40 huge springs caught and I do mean huge."

I would say this is a stretch, I  have seen and heard of fish caught this year but not at levels like we have seen in previous years. You will have to put in your time and you probably won't see 40 fish caught in a day.  Many or most people are going home empty handed.  If it was that easy they'd call it catching not fishing.

please take it easy on the sockeye
Cheers,

I concur.  Fishing has been slow this year, but I did manage to catch one with net marks the other day...

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 01:40:32 AM »

when we will be able to go there and get into some good numbers of pinks

Pinks should be showing up soon but I would late till later in the month if you want to see good numbers.

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 12:26:52 PM »

I have not fished Scales since late July. Just too shallow for springs to go through in number. They are way outside. Just don't want to hook into sockeyes unnecessarily in shallow water.

nosey

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 06:56:40 PM »

Wow 40 springs a day on one bar that should flip a few of those impact assessment charts upside down.