Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Barclay Sound conditions , at present.  (Read 1356 times)

Yofishon

The Barclay Sound conditions , at present.
« on: August 01, 2007, 02:49:04 AM »

Hi

I am heading out to Bamfield August 5-8th , with my brothers and nephews , on our bi-yearly wildlife show camping -fishing trip. We are intermediate salmon fishers , but keen. My brother Kevin is Skipper , I am deckhand and public relations , with older brother Martin the Phd , undoubtably on camcorder.

We'll be using our mainstays , anchovy Teasers and Tomic plugs , to keep it simpler, and teach the boys. Does anybody have a recent update on conditions out there, as we'll be staying mostly inside the Brokens , and , between Cape Beal + Cree, and if anyone goes green , ( usually me !) we'll stick around the  islands channel  , Diana ,  Eddy King , and Folger  .

Last time , we saw whales , and some sea creature that resembled a Polar Bear. I was later told that it was some version of a huge male sea walrus-elephant-whatever thing. Dirty yellow coat...

Will post ,when  the Great white hunters returneth...                                   Goin' Coastal    Brian

Leave the area as clean , or cleaner than you found it !

Eagleye

• Old Timer
Re: The Barclay Sound conditions , at present.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 07:24:40 AM »

Yofishon

Re: The Barclay Sound conditions , at present.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 01:22:14 PM »

Thanks Eagleye !
Leave the area as clean , or cleaner than you found it !