Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bass fishn' in Mission July 22nd, 2007  (Read 6626 times)

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
Re: Bass fishn' in Mission July 22nd, 2007
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2007, 07:44:21 PM »

You are right about the vollies being fired back and forth between the property owners and Genstar. But that does not help us, joe public in gaining access to the lake, that just a mine , mine , mine, you keep out, battle. No we need to write letters to editors of local rags asking why tax payers are being excluded from this productive sport fishery? Trust me it's a hot botton issue. News rags love contiversy and politicians hate it. Get the press to buy into this one and you will see things happen. 
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2007, 07:51:06 PM »

If I rememeber correctly the Bass anglers have a tournement there?

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2007, 04:49:46 PM »

Tournament? Wow, that must be a good bass lake. Has anybody tried float tubing the lake? If ok, then can't you launch from Hayward Rd near the north end among the lily pads where the bass may be?

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2007, 06:32:18 PM »

It is a good lake probablly the best bass lakr in the lower mainland.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

Rantalot

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2007, 08:27:38 PM »

Is the website dead? If I remember right they had the tourney"s listed on the site.

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2007, 06:02:25 PM »

Wow, 1780 views with 36 entries in a bass thread, almost the same as popular as the 'Veddar Hot Fishing' thread - who says Bass is not an attraction here in BC?  DFO should take note and develop some quality bass lakes in Lower Mainland (like Silvermere) with good access & parking facilities. That will help out their declining sales in fresh water licenses.  ;D Look, the St. Mary Lake smallmouth bass fishery is attracting a crowd and its resort is solidly booked. People pay to enjoy good fishery, bass or salmon. Can't count on those salmon as an attraction any more - just look at the declining sockeyes or coho runs. The way it goes, there may not even be a sockeye opening (Chris & 2.40 will be celebrating...  ;D), so why not develop bass fishery which does not depend on ocean survival or global warming?  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 06:18:41 PM by liketofish »

Rantalot

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2007, 06:21:55 PM »

The funny thing about St Mary's is the Cabins are all full but not many people fishing I was there for three days and basicly when I fished I with maybe two or three other boats on the lake.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 07:03:10 PM by Rantalot »

gheart008

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2007, 06:28:39 PM »

The funny thing about St Mary's is the Cabins are all but not many people fishing I was there for three days and basicly when I fished I with maybe two or three other boats on the lake.

I'm going there on the 12th, and I'll definitely be one of those guys on the lake  ;D

slamman190

• here fishy fishy fishy...
    • Dan's Blog
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2007, 09:14:02 AM »

Bass are fun to fish for because nobody does it up here.  Whenever you tell people you are fishing for bass, they usually have no idea what you are talking about.

I am working in the silvermere area again, and in two days of coffee and lunch breaks, I caught 5 bass and a sunfish, just fishing from shore.  I used a dark bass tube, and a red and yellow quadtail grub.

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2007, 11:32:28 PM »

I wonder how much an average lake-front house is worth there. There seems to be quite a bit of undeveloped land still out there. Not a bad idea to trade in my home to retire there someday. Hmmmm, just think you can catch a fish for dinner at your front door anytime you want one...   ;D