Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bass fishn' in Mission July 22nd, 2007  (Read 6628 times)

gheart008

Re: Bass fishn' in Mission
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2007, 11:13:51 PM »

I wonder if you can park here:

http://maps.google.ca/?ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=49.184565,-122.402759&spn=0.004965,0.010042&z=17

From the satellite pic, looks like a small parking lot?

Or maybe on the left side of the lake?

http://maps.google.ca/?ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=49.184565,-122.402759&spn=0.004965,0.010042&z=17

Looks like a dirt road just off the highway.

If anyone else knows a good location to park without getting towed, please do tell.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 11:24:40 PM by gheart008 »

stlhd4ever

Re: Bass fishn' in Mission July 22nd, 2007
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2007, 07:01:49 AM »

That first one is off of hayward st genstar developement gated access. The second is just a service rd same thing gated access.I would park anywhere that is some distance from the lake and hike in.
Wishin I was Fishin

gheart008

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2007, 12:29:39 PM »

That first one is off of hayward st genstar developement gated access. The second is just a service rd same thing gated access.I would park anywhere that is some distance from the lake and hike in.

You're right, they're both gated access points.  We tried launching from the north east corner of the lake, but it was so marshy and had tons of lily pads everywhere.

We then went back to the highway, and there were two places where I guess you could park your car, but it just felt really weird and awkward to just leave your car on the shoulder of the highway.

As stilhd4ever said, there is a sign now that wsays no tresspassing, private property, but the thing is doesn't Genstar mean everyone is off bounds including the residents there?  If the residents can use it why can't we? 

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2007, 03:17:26 PM »

Me and my friend tried fishing the lake on Friday. Launched from the Hwy our rubber row boat. Lucky we didn't get towed. Stayed on the West side around the ski jump all along that shore line targeting sunken logs & lily pads. We had no luck and not even one bite. We used chartreuse twister tails with spinner and also a dark bodied tube recommended by a tackle shop. Just no fish interested in our lure. The ski operator told us to get off around their buoys and that wooden jump platform. Does any body get told to move off?

We fished around noon for 4 hours but no bite whatsoever. Did see an osprey dived down to catch a silver-body fish which did not look like a bass. Still hunting for my first bass.  ;D Perhaps they are around the private docks, the middle of the lake, or the lily pads in the north side. Need a motor to get around to those places though.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 04:07:32 PM by Steelhawk »

funfisher

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2007, 03:33:30 PM »

You don't want to park in around that locked gate where the dirt road is.  It is on the west side of the lake just off the highway.  That is actually a residents driveway and they will have no problem phoning in a tow truck.

Your best bet is park by the Stave rver bridge and walk over to the lake along the highway.  It doesn't take too long.

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2007, 04:11:17 PM »

Yes they have a sign 'private property' there, but there are about 2-3 cars space not blocking the entrance. Don't see any housing development on the West side of the lake, so what residents are there?

stlhd4ever

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2007, 05:32:33 PM »

Just park and walk. It'll save alot of hassle. The gas station is the best bet. Stay off of the highway unless you want the fine and the tow
Wishin I was Fishin

gheart008

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2007, 05:38:30 PM »

Just park and walk. It'll save alot of hassle. The gas station is the best bet. Stay off of the highway unless you want the fine and the tow

Very hard to do lugging an inflatable boat along with a motor and anchor.  On top of that, there still is the question of us even using the lake itself and not just the parking aspect of it.

stlhd4ever

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2007, 05:39:43 PM »

send me an email gheart
Wishin I was Fishin

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2007, 09:18:41 PM »

I guess if they really tow your vehicle, they have to prove why. There is no sign that says no parking beyond the entrance. Can they tow you parking 10 ft from the edge of the hwy with no no-parking sign? But if you don't want the trouble, then you can launch the boat first before you park away the car to a safer spot.

gheart008

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2007, 09:36:13 PM »

Me and my friend tried fishing the lake on Friday. Launched from the Hwy our rubber row boat. Lucky we didn't get towed. Stayed on the West side around the ski jump all along that shore line targeting sunken logs & lily pads. We had no luck and not even one bite. We used chartreuse twister tails with spinner and also a dark bodied tube recommended by a tackle shop. Just no fish interested in our lure. The ski operator told us to get off around their buoys and that wooden jump platform. Does any body get told to move off?

We fished around noon for 4 hours but no bite whatsoever. Did see an osprey dived down to catch a silver-body fish which did not look like a bass. Still hunting for my first bass.  ;D Perhaps they are around the private docks, the middle of the lake, or the lily pads in the north side. Need a motor to get around to those places though.  ;)

It's weird that you wouldn't even have gotten a bite considering the OP landed like 20?  Also, another person I know said his friend was these on Saturday (July 28), and he landed 33!

Hey slamman, what area were you fishing?

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2007, 10:24:03 PM »

This whole thing is a real bone of contention with me. The more I read the madder I get. It is the law of the land that no-one owns the water! You can own the land around it, the land under it, and own right to it; but no-one except the Crown owns it out right! Where do those property owners and Genstar get off? The hyway is public property! I think it is time to start a media war.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

slamman190

• here fishy fishy fishy...
    • Dan's Blog
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2007, 10:56:45 PM »

If you are traveling towards maple ridge, I was fishing the very first lagoon on the right hand side, in the area of the silvermere.ca sign.  I landed over 20 fish, as well as my buddy, so that was 40 fish in three hours.  Not bad    ;D  Anything more specific than that is up to you...

My favorite signs are the ones that say "hidden dangers" 

Like what, old grumpy men with shotguns?    :-*
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 10:59:34 PM by slamman190 »

thor

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2007, 12:53:05 PM »

All:

I believe that silvermere is a man-made lake. It was a pet project of a very well to do Vancouver Doctor and to and to the best of my knowledge, he sponsored / built the lake and lakeside community back in the early 60s as a "get-away" location.

And as such - I may be wrong - the Crown would not have any ownership rights.

As for starting an media war, I believe - based upon the local Mission and Abbotsford news papers and the CBC - that is was already started by the area residents in March 2006.

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2007, 04:22:12 PM »

Unless the residents, the doctor or Genstar pay up property taxes for the huge land covered by the lake, how in the world they can own that space  ??? ;D Isn't that we are all taxed based on the size of the property we own?  ;)

Here is a link to Mission mayor and councillors email addresses to write and inquire about our rights to use their lakes: http://www.mission.ca/Page92.aspx
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 04:52:27 PM by liketofish »