Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any one been bar fishing yet?  (Read 1271 times)

younggun

• Old Timer
Any one been bar fishing yet?
« on: June 27, 2007, 06:41:11 AM »

I wanna go before i leave on vacation! any been out?
Fish killer 101

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Any one been bar fishing yet?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 09:16:01 AM »

Even though the water is quite colored I hear reports of some being taken. I have put in close to 200 hours float fishing for them and have only 1 adult and 1 jack spring landed with one lost.

Reports of the ones fishing the other way have been getting them also, hopefully those interested in keeping the fishery open will refrain from doing so especially during the Early Stuart migration period.

I see the water levels are dropping now so worth bar fishing Maple Leaf Bar #1 or 2  ;D ;D if the levels continue to drop. I think we will see another bump when warm weather returns to the upper reaches of the Fraser River watershed.

Fishing the North side in these area's gives you a little better visibility for the fish to see your #0 red or green topped silver with mylar wings.

The mosquito's could be a bit of an annoyance now as I saw a few last weekend while down a Island 22 boat launch.

FN had been getting a fair number on their last opening on the weekend so worth getting out with the bar rod and may your bell toll loud and often. ;D ;D ;D