Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fred Lake  (Read 8191 times)

shrek44

Fred Lake
« on: June 06, 2007, 10:54:25 PM »

IM headin up there this weekend. Anybody have any info on this lake or any nearby. Thanks

itosh

• I EAT llamas!
Re: Fred Lake
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 06:38:01 PM »

Unless things have changed since last year, make sure you are comfortable driving in 4x4 through big and deep muddy puddles.  Also lots of mosquitoes when I was there last year.  Was up there on the weekend of June 17th last year and there were lots of mosquitoes at the launch.  Lots of smaller caddis on the water but barely any rises.  Fishing was slow with only one fish caught.

Shane

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 05:02:03 PM »

I'll vouch with Itosh with that report.  Fished it last July at a stag and it was slow.  A couple of fish caught but Loons were very aggressive taking those that were released, access difficult without decent 4x4 and mossies out in force.

How did you do on your trip?

shrek44

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 09:22:41 PM »

Fred Lake was real good Fishing. The road is pretty bad but if you are a good driver you can get in no problem. We tried it and did it in 2 wheel drive, Gotta take it slow.A real hard lake to find but well worth it if you can get there. Seems more and more people are finding out about this lake. Too Bad. On sunday there were 4 boats and 6 tubers. Not much room out there for a small lake. We caught several fish many in the 4+ pounds.. Man that loon is crazy, it comes right up to your boat and will steel your fish. What a sight watching it dive under your boat.  Good times

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 11:22:26 PM »

I had it follow me about as well and when I did hook my fish, it caught it, and was trying to give it to the little one - screeching away for my fish.  Managed to wrestle it away from it, all on 4 lb tippet.  Very aggressive overall, and almost no point practicing catch and release because it turns into catch and gobble.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 11:24:12 PM by GoldHammeredCroc »

HARLEY

• flyfishing
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 04:35:11 PM »

I have heard of Fred Lake but I can not remember where it is-I sent a email to Rod and he said that he did not know either-he suggested that I post this question on the forum for a possible result-is there someone that could give me the directions?

Thanks for any help,
harley.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 09:39:39 AM by HARLEY »

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 11:05:07 PM »

Email sent HARLEY