Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: watch lake  (Read 2042 times)

fishingbuddha

• Fishingbuddha
watch lake
« on: June 04, 2007, 05:25:20 PM »

this last weekend was my usual caribou/kamloops annual fishing derby. this year the crew went to watch lake but i couldn't go at the last minute do to a family emergency. anyways, thought i would still report. aparrently the largest fish our group caught was 4 lbs with several in the 1-2lb range. there happened to be a watch lake derby going on as well and this year an 8lber and a 7 lber were the winners.

overall the fishing was slow for our group but most of our crew were there for good times and were not necessarily there for fishing.

52 green shiny buick, black leech were the most productive flies.
I hope that when i die, my wife doesn't sell all my fishing equipment for what i told her i bought it for!

Hohummm

• I'm a llama! and llamas are bigger than frogs
Re: watch lake
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 10:25:10 PM »

I was there for the derby, that 8 pounder was spectacular! Our group caught nothing on Saturday, I picked up a 3 pounder on Sunday, but the rest of the group got skunked. Very hot (weather, not the fishing), it was 35c when I left the lake at noon.

Most of the fish I saw caught were on gang trolls with various lures (including worms). I used a light green halfback at a dead slow troll.

Added: Quite substantial mayfly hatches both days, but I saw very little surface activity.