Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wolf Lake Vancouver Island  (Read 3546 times)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Wolf Lake Vancouver Island
« on: May 18, 2007, 09:54:30 PM »

Was going to ski up on the Forbidden Plateau last weekend and we decided to stay at Wolf lake below the park. I knew there used to be camping there from older info I had, so we should be able to find some place to pitch a tent. Upon arriving at the lake we found a suitable place to park and camp with the piles of garbage left everyhere. Truly sorry to see the place left in such a sad state by mostly the locals in Courtney/Comox, as there was the tell tale signs of 7-11 cups,car batteries and beer cans in fact, the first 30 feet of water from shore was a mess of beer cans etc. chucked into the lake. 4 by 4s roared across the lake from us that evening with the revelers hooting it up and no doubt chucking garbage from the windows. I don't think I've seen an area like this around Vancouver even after Sockeye season. :o Way to go slobs, and as we found out by the Ski Patrol person up by Mt. Washington most areas around are being closed to the public because of the garbage and vandalism. Can't blame them. It's sickening to cast into the lake and see nothing but garbage.....which threw me off the fishing.....and I didn't catch anything to boot. Skiing was superb.

Wolf(aka Smithrite)Lake

Don't even think of cleaning up after you fish, not on the Island anyway.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

BladeKid

• Old Timer
Re: Wolf Lake Vancouver Island
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 10:40:50 PM »

Why do inconciderate people always have wreck everything. At least skiing was good. ;)

coryandtrevor

• Winter : Stick on the ice , fly in the water
Re: Wolf Lake Vancouver Island
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 11:28:38 AM »

I know its been beat to death but the Lakes up Sylvester road in Mission are so much worse that that picture you provided. Some spots look worse than landfills. Bad to see garbage left anywhere. I wish I had a pickup cuz I would take a bit with me if I could. Salisbury Lake was like a third world refugee camp, piles of all kinds of garbage everywhere and that wasn't even the gross part. There was a " bathroom area" that looked like some one had emptied and outhouse in a clearing. Absolutely sickening. Sorry don't mean to hijack I just hate people who leave nasty garbage lying around !!!!!!!! >:(
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 11:30:32 AM by coryandtrevor »
"The swing is the thing but the tug is the drug" - Unknown