Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Big Thanks to Riverside for the Sturgeon Tournament  (Read 1776 times)

Zpg

Big Thanks to Riverside for the Sturgeon Tournament
« on: May 13, 2007, 08:26:53 PM »

The weather today was not the greatest but the water conditions were a lot better than they were the past week. Debris levels were easily delt with compard to earlier in the week. For those teams that opted out due to water conditions, a fun day was missed. Hopefully next spring this tourney can be held before the freshet takes hold.

Fishing itself was a bit better today compared to last week. The "roundup" at 2 bit bar at the end of the day was quite fun and informative. It was great to meet some of the seasoned sturgeon guys and get some valuable tips. A few of the teams that I spoke to got skunked while others had a decent day. I had to leave before the finaly boat arrived but it seemed a 6 footer was the winner with several 5 1/2 footers taking second and third.

Team Titan, my team, finished with 5 fish for the day with the largest being only 4 1/2 feet. Not enough to fight for the big prize but a good day anyways.

Thanks again to all the folks at Riverside for their work and efforts organizing this day and I look forward to the Fall tourney.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 09:43:44 PM by Zpg »
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
Re: Big Thanks to Riverside for the Sturgeon Tournament
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 10:40:47 AM »

Thanks to everyone that came out and participated in the derby. Congrats goes to Rod Toth as well for taking home the cash kitty. Our boat put fish in the boat all day but we only managed a 59" as our biggest which placed 3rd. Took fish on everything, eulachons, lamprey, dewies and even fresh spring roe from last week. The debries wasnt that bad either. Great day on the water. Ill post some pics tonight from the shop.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 07:09:52 PM »

Sounds like you guys had a blast.  Sorry I couldn't make it out.  Will for the fall derby though.  Congrats Aaron on the third place.  Zpg, glad you had a good day as well.  I'll catch you again on the river sometime.  Till then tight lines. ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 09:00:38 PM »

Thanks for the report! Im gonna give sturgeon fishing from shore a try next week!

Congrats Nick :D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 10:09:56 PM by THE_ROE_KID »
weeeeeeeeeow!

BladeKid

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 10:02:15 PM »

Thanks for the report! Im gonna give sturgeon fishing from shore a try next week!

sure u will ;) :P  (probly game time decision)

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 10:03:59 PM »

Aaron didn't get third place, our buddy Nik did. Known on this site as "Chronic Flosser" lol.