Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Employment Opportunity: SCOUTS CANADA  (Read 1088 times)

scouterjames

• Old Timer
Employment Opportunity: SCOUTS CANADA
« on: April 29, 2007, 07:12:00 PM »

Hi All - I'm not sure if this is the proper place for this posting, perhaps it can be moved if need be??

As some of you know, I work for Scouts Canada and we are hiring full-time positions for working primarily at Camp Byng - right on the ocean front in the Sunshine Coast - some camps may be held at Camp McLean in Langley as well.  All positions are residential (you live on camp from Monday - Friday, food and accommodations provided).  I thought what better place to find people who love the outdoors and would enjoy passing on their love and knowledge to youth!  All training is provided.  These positions are full time (40 hours per week) working with youth (Grades 4,5,6,7) - Note: A Police Record Check is required with a clean record a must.

email resume with references to kjudd@scouts.ca or scouterjames@shaw.ca or fax 604-879-5725, Attn: K. Judd

Program Presenter   10 positions
Salary based upon experience, training provided

Roles of the Program Presenter will be responsible for the presentation of various elements of an outdoor skills education program, including activities such as Archery ,Canoing, kayaking, Orienteering, Pioneering, Hiking, Shelter building, Fire lighting, Camp cooking, Campfire fun, Ax and knife handling.

• Greet school groups as they arrive; participate in formal opening and closing of camp, in uniform if possible;
    Present safe, well prepared sessions on pre-determined topics to participating school groups;
    Participate in weekly staff roundup;
    Be involved in all discussions regarding staffing decisions (i.e., who covers what activity) for each week of camp, including morning wake-up call, night hike leaders, campfire leaders, etc.
    Convey questions and concerns to Camp Director;
    Participate in cleanup of program materials at the end of the week;
    Assist other presenters as needed and as availability allows;
    Assist in kitchen if needed and time allows.

Please include any or all of the following qualifications:
  • CRCA Flatwater Canoing/Kayaking Instructor, level 1
    Standard First Aid and CPR
    Bronze Medallion or above
    Experience in camp setting
    Experience in youth leadership
    Excellent presentation skills
    Competent outdoors skills
    Foodsafe Certification (Required)

Assistant Cook    5 positions
Salary based upon experience, training provided

Working under the direction of the Head Cook this person will receive and check food orders, prepare camper and staff meals from menu provided by Head Cook, be responsible for kitchen cleaning.  Must exhibit good organizational skills, be able to multi-task have the ability to manage people effectively and be able to cook for large numbers.  A broad knowledge of Scouting would be an asset but not a requirement.

• Must relate well to youth and adults and function as part of a larger team
    Work well with little or no supervision
    Certification in food safe required
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.