Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What to do  (Read 3766 times)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
What to do
« on: April 25, 2007, 11:17:40 PM »

Well the wife wants to send me to Seattle for a Mariners game on the Lond weekend but I would rather go fishing for two days(she has to work monday) . The thing is the baseball game is an early father's day gift that I am not suppose to know about but someone, I wont mention any name (searun) kind of spilled the beans to me about it. So how do I get her to change her mind and send me to the interior instead. I guess I could whisper it into her ear while she is sleeping and hope that when she wakes up she will say that she had a great dream about me fly fishing with my new sage.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: What to do
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 12:42:15 AM »

Casually mention to her after supper as you turned on your television to watch Ottawa vs. New Jersey game that you're all tired from watching all the NHL, NBA, Giants playoff as well as the Toronto Blue Jays and it would be nice to head to your favourite lake to do some quiet fishing on the long weekend.

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 12:26:55 PM »

Been there, done that.  Take my advice, just act surprised and do the Seattle thing.  Your wife has probably been thinking about this for a while and is secretly pumped that she's doing this great thing and you're going to be very happy about it.  It's going to be a major let down for her if she knows that you're not that thrilled about her plans.

Thompson.Man

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 01:30:31 PM »

Make sure u get a nice hotel

Lumps

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 01:31:44 PM »

Casually mention to her after supper as you turned on your television to watch Ottawa vs. New Jersey game that you're all tired from watching all the NHL, NBA, Giants playoff as well as the Toronto Blue Jays and it would be nice to head to your favourite lake to do some quiet fishing on the long weekend.
Been there, done that.  Take my advice, just act surprised and do the Seattle thing.  Your wife has probably been thinking about this for a while and is secretly pumped that she's doing this great thing and you're going to be very happy about it.  It's going to be a major let down for her if she knows that you're not that thrilled about her plans.

Decisions decisions, both very good options. I like the tired of sports but then again I'm not married, bentrod has a great argument, make your wife happy, and you could probably get a couple of fishing weekends in.
Best 4 wheel drive I ever had was a company 2 wheel drive.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 02:29:46 PM »

The worst thing you could do is not to accept the gift and do something else. Even if she says its alright she is not alright. Just do the Mariners thing and act like you are excited about it. She will reward you with a free weekend eventually.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

weizen

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 04:27:13 PM »

The worst thing you could do is not to accept the gift and do something else. Even if she says its alright she is not alright. Just do the Mariners thing and act like you are excited about it. She will reward you with a free weekend eventually.

I'm going to agree with Bryan on this one.

The other thing you need to do is pray she doesn't read this forum....LOL   :D ;D

bcguy

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 04:58:42 PM »

Hahahaha, aahh marriage....  :D :D :D
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 05:52:01 PM »

Hahahaha, aahh marriage....  :D :D :D

Never worried about that. She does not like to fish or even read about it. She laughs when ever searun and I tell old fishing stories. 

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

TheBaiter

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 08:30:56 PM »

got to love women  :D

keithr

• If you want to know about me, see my website.
    • Our place in Mexico
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 07:05:40 AM »

just tell her the truth

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 03:43:23 PM »

She will reward you with a free weekend eventually.
....along with a few other things ;D

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 04:56:33 PM »

She will reward you with a free weekend eventually.
....along with a few other things ;D

I had a feeling you would say that dion ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 07:52:39 PM »

Well thanks guys. Reading threw some of the replies made me remember that it is my anniversary on the 30th. Now if I would of forgotten that I definatly would be in the dog house  :-[.