Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: vedder 4-6, good friday for some  (Read 2863 times)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
vedder 4-6, good friday for some
« on: April 06, 2007, 06:56:17 PM »

I'm relegated to punk duty of reporting this though I don't know why? Picked up Capt. Super vest and his side kick Wader boy at Reaction this morning.... Headed out on a cool windy am... Hit our first run and Wader boy is into a fish.... Half an hour or so later, Rick ( Capt. Super Vest) hooks into a big buck...fights him all the way to shore and the leader breaks... ::) ( He was worried he might be fighting the fish too long and didn't want anyone giving him grief...or so he says!!!)
We fish the run a bit longer and decide it's time to head up to another spot.... Fish hard upper river and Mid but only get a sun tan for our efforts...Not piddly squat....Head back down to meet up with Big NoRm and fish Capt super vests and Wader boy Merc's NOW favorite spot with him..... Rick hooks into a nice wild one again and brings it in for a quick pic.  and Merc of course follows suit with a keeper this time...
That's all I got,,,, I got shut out again. That makes two times these idiots have taken a fish each out of MY run and I got the big goose egg....I hate this sport now... :'( I don't know what's worst, Listen to Merc RIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPP his line in front of me ALL stinking day or listening to the cheery "Hints" on how to fish now that he is four for four!!!
Time to bust out the fly rod....I can't take much more of this.... :-X
Oh, and the border line up was nothing on the way back which was great after hearing how horrible is was all day...

THe two stoogies will post their own dam pic's when they get home!!! I'm hitting the showers...

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: vedder 4-6, good friday for some
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 07:01:26 PM »

Sounds like a great day for them and not so much for you. Did you at least smoke a cigar.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 08:16:47 PM »

Well, had a great day, as usual, but this time with fish.  I'm now 4 fer 3 trips after my loooonnngggg stretch of being blanked most of the season.  Thanks to ABA for all his wonderful words of encouragement during my long dry spell!  He hates me now! ;D 

Anyways, the best part of steelheading?  You never know what you're going to get!

;D ;D

I saw my float go down slowly, thought I had hit bottom, start reeling in feeling some resistance, thought I was dragging in a branch, and then feel small head shakes and thought I had a small trout.  Surprise!!!

Shortly after, the twin powers strike again and it's a repeat of last weekend:

Mine:

She measured in at 31.5 inches. 

Then, TrophyHunters:

Beautiful clean chrome wild slab!  TH also had another wild buck to the beach earlier too as mentioned by ABA.  Anyways, it's all good.  Cigars, good company and gorgeous weather. What more could you want?

President Club S. C. & P.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 09:25:49 PM »

Nice Fish guys! Steelhead are beautiful fish. Hey Merc you dont happen to work at hub sports do you?
The Bigger The Better!

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 10:14:43 PM »

Nice Fish guys! Steelhead are beautiful fish. Hey Merc you dont happen to work at hub sports do you?

Nope, not me.  Must be the "Other Merc."    ;D

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 10:50:11 PM »

Change is as good as a rest.  Variety is the spice of life. 

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 11:04:49 PM »

Change is as good as a rest.  Variety is the spice of life. 

WTF is that you little dancing queen??? It's because Wader boy is now the steelhead slayer!!! He wants to get a tattoo and everything...He wore camo today so the fish wouldn't see him he said!!!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 04:15:19 AM »

I like the baby blue Nike Hat  ::)  :D LMAO!! Nice fish

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2007, 08:37:56 AM »

Wow !!! what a great day we had yesterday ! It was warm and sunny just like a summer day  ;D ;D it is amazing how much the weather can affect you're attitude lol didn't help much for the XGolfman though... methinks he is a lil frustrated lately ! Merc had another productive day !! you give him one fish and he turns into an animal  ;D ;D ;D The big buck I had on gave me the best fight I have had all season, had it almost to the beach a couple of times when he would take off like Paul running from Merc !! ;) didn't jump once and almost felt like a Spring .... too much fun  ;D ;D ;D Norm came and joined us for the last couple of hours and we just had a good old fashioned blast !! mostly at Merc's expense  ;D ;D ;D
Can't wait till Sunday  ;D
TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

FishHunter

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 12:23:04 PM »

Hey Paul,
Don't worry about those punie little Stealheads!  We'll Dwarf Merc and Rick with a couple of 30lbs Springs.  The season is hot right now out in the Salt Chuck by the bell bouy.  We'll go next weekend...

Hunter

Randog

• Ultimate Sportfishing Adventures
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 03:06:10 PM »

Yep, good times on the Chilliwack

This Buck likes the Colarado

Happy Bobby, Thrird cast!

Shiny Girl eats a Pink Worm

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 05:06:44 PM »

Went out for a few hours today, water is up ... clarity is down... way down !!! no fish for me or Dave
TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!