Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Are you on the list? Quarterly compliance and enforcement summary  (Read 2692 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

March 28, 2007

B.C. GOVERNMENT RELEASES COMPLIANCE SUMMARY

VICTORIA – The Ministry of Environment has released the fourth Quarterly Compliance and Enforcement Summary for 2006.

The summary reports on compliance and enforcement actions taken across the entire ministry between Oct. 1, 2006 and Dec. 31, 2006. It outlines:

• 7 orders issued to prevent or stop impacts to the environment, human health or safety.
  • 95 administrative licensing sanctions taken against individual or commercial hunters or anglers for committing certain offences.
  • 887 tickets.
  • 12 court convictions.
  • $252,840 in fines.

The ministry pursues compliance with environmental laws and regulations through information, verification and enforcement. The goal is to encourage compliance to prevent damage before it occurs, and to apply the appropriate response if individuals or businesses do not comply with environmental standards.

Environment Minister Barry Penner encourages the public to report all poachers and polluters by calling 1-877-952-RAPP (7277), #RAPP (7277) on the TELUS Mobility network or by visiting the website at http://www.rapp.bc.ca.

The ministry invested an additional $1.5 million on compliance and enforcement in 2006, which included the creation of the new Commercial Environmental Investigations Unit with a focus on commercial and industrial activities.

The Quarterly Compliance and Enforcement Summary is available at http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/main/prgs/compliancereport.html

-end-

www.barrypenner.com

Zpg

Re: Are you on the list? Quarterly compliance and enforcement summary
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 12:24:53 PM »

Wow. Can't believe the number of firearms violations :o Makes me wonder if I should still be bushwacking to those elusive virgin lakes without an orange vest!
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 05:56:42 PM »

Individual Kamloops Wildlife Act 261/83 2(a) $115 Possess live fish without permit

Bass ready to be released in Kamloops  :o

coryandtrevor

• Winter : Stick on the ice , fly in the water
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 12:18:55 PM »

Yup,

I am ashamed to say I am in there. :( Lesson learned after the CO showed up at my door one night......................
"The swing is the thing but the tug is the drug" - Unknown

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 04:42:21 PM »

Yup,

I am ashamed to say I am in there. :( Lesson learned after the CO showed up at my door one night......................

why was that?
weeeeeeeeeow!

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 04:57:02 PM »

Wow. Can't believe the number of firearms violations :o Makes me wonder if I should still be bushwacking to those elusive virgin lakes without an orange vest!

Where is the firearms violations?? My eyes most not being working..I can't find that???

coryandtrevor

• Winter : Stick on the ice , fly in the water
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 05:53:07 PM »

[why was that?
[/quote]

First time fishing, thought I would be safe until I purchased my license the following week. WRONG ! The CO rolled up to our campsite with an RCMP officer. I didn't lie and he gave me the fine anyway. If I would have lied it would have spelled big problems for our group as it was 'Bob Marley' break time when they happened upon our camp. I thought I would then buy my license the next week and the government wouldn't know the difference..........WRONG ! The same CO showed up at my door half a year later serving notice that my license had been revoked and If I was caught fishing again without paying the fine, I would be arrested and charged. Payed the fine the following morning. Case closed. There are rules and regs for a reason and I ( again) had to learn the hard way. Now I am always on the right side of the law and will continue to abide by the regs. This year was quite the learning experience.
"The swing is the thing but the tug is the drug" - Unknown

Zpg

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 07:12:48 PM »

Where is the firearms violations?? My eyes most not being working..I can't find that???

Follow this link: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/main/prgs/docs/qces_4th_mar2707.pdf

This is for the 4 quarter alone. There are hundreds of different violations.
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright