Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where to find Oolies in bulk?  (Read 3302 times)

Zpg

Where to find Oolies in bulk?
« on: March 29, 2007, 10:19:34 AM »

I know a few of the local bait shops have oolichans but I'm wondering if there is anywhere to buy 100-200 and get a bit of a price break... $1.50+ each is a bit steep and I wan't to load up the freezer to last the season. I read the thread from a few weeks ago and there was some indication that this was possible???

Cheers
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 11:01:24 PM by Zpg »
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright

DionJL

• Old Timer
Re: Where to find Oolies in bulk
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 11:02:13 AM »

Take a drive down to the Columbia river on the Washington Orgeon border. That's where you'll find what the shops up here have.

Zpg

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 11:15:40 AM »

Take a drive down to the Columbia river on the Washington Orgeon border. That's where you'll find what the shops up here have.

I considered that...LOL... suddenly $1.50 each seems a great bargin! Was actually hoping to get in on a large purchase with some others who might be importing them.
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright

Zpg

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 11:49:48 AM »

We would have stocked much more of this product but we have limited freezer capabilities.
one case of the eulechons currently availlable locally has 64 packs with 4 fish per pack. you can email me if you are interested in a case purchase, no promises but i'll see what i can put together. I am not even sure at this point if the supplier is able to get more stock but i will enquire. I have a price in mind for a case but am not posting it on the internet. serious enquiries may contact me directly at : tom@stevestonmarine.com

Hey Tom..thanks that's exactly what I'm looking for. I'll email you shortly.