Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: this isnt for the weak of heart  (Read 13922 times)

darmin

this isnt for the weak of heart
« on: March 24, 2007, 08:59:23 AM »

this just blows me away im posting it because i think everyone needs to know this is happening  it speaks for itself

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click on links below

The video - http://www.glumbert.com/media/dolphin <http://www.glumbert.com/media/dolphin>

The petition - http://www.petitiononline.com/golfinho/ <http://www.petitiononline.com/golfinho/>

« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 12:09:58 PM by darmin »

bcguy

Re: this isnt for the weak of heart
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 10:06:49 AM »

>:( >:( >:(
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

phatwop

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 11:18:00 AM »

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 11:59:00 AM »

Life is brutal, we do much worse to people. Did you start a petition when the slaughter...errr ethnic cleansing went on in Africa or E. Europe? Is murder with axes and machetes for non food sources less offense???
It is a food source over there, It's not pretty but is slashing the gills out of a salmon or steelhead and watching it flop around on the shore and better??? How many videos of heartless Canadian/U.s. fisherman are there on the internet now???
Birdman, remember how you got dogged about that picture you took??? Now you know why we did it....You could have been a poster child for these guys!!!

darmin

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 12:12:54 PM »

well i should of known you post on this site you have to expect to be critized thats it for me im out of here  ::) to many super pros

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 12:56:56 PM »

well i should of known you post on this site you have to expect to be critized thats it for me im out of here  ::) to many super pros

sorry you didn't get the response you were after, but let's face it. this forum isn't a branch of PETA.  the members here are seasoned outdoorsmen with open minds and subjective ideals.

what people eat is their business...it's their practices and consquences (environmently) that should be your concern....not because you think the species being hunted is cute and cuddly.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 01:14:00 PM »

People, relax, and learn to differentiate negativity and disagreement in view points.

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 01:18:24 PM »

those videos were hard to watch :'(
weeeeeeeeeow!

CAPTAIN BONK

• Old Timer
  • THERE'S NO HEAD BETTER THEN STEELHEAD !
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 01:51:44 PM »

I SEEN THIS VIDEO THE OTHER DAY ON A DIFF SITE, IT MAKES ME SICK !

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 02:20:39 PM »

It's not so much the killing of the dolphins.  It's the inhumane killing of them.

We don't like to see even "lower intelligence" animals such as fish suffer.    We make a point of quickly dispatching our kill.  This is an expose of definitely needless suffering by the dolphins.  They should be killed quickly so as to minimize their suffering.

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 02:24:16 PM »

no worse than this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDJpgEB3U4g

Again - if you were to watch a beef slaughterhouse, it isn't much prettier.  They are helpless too.

Now, killing for aesthetic purposes...that gets me riled up.  We don't need seal fur coats and boots.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 02:29:11 PM »

We don't like to see even "lower intelligence" animals such as fish suffer.    We make a point of quickly dispatching our kill.  This is an expose of definitely needless suffering by the dolphins.  They should be killed quickly so as to minimize their suffering.

People get emotional because the dolphins are perceived to be cute like Flipper. Sportsfishermen may quickly dispatch their catch but not the commercial boys. Their way of dispatching the catch is to toss them into holding wells where they suffocate to death.

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 03:19:10 PM »

It's not so much the killing of the dolphins.  It's the inhumane killing of them.

That's my biggest thing about seeing this.  I understand the Japanese have hunted dolphins along their costs for hundreds of years, but again, dispatch them with a bullet or something and then bleed them.

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 03:25:04 PM »

Life is brutal, we do much worse to people. Did you start a petition when the slaughter...errr ethnic cleansing went on in Africa or E. Europe? Is murder with axes and machetes for non food sources less offense???
It is a food source over there, It's not pretty but is slashing the gills out of a salmon or steelhead and watching it flop around on the shore and better??? How many videos of heartless Canadian/U.s. fisherman are there on the internet now???
Birdman, remember how you got dogged about that picture you took??? Now you know why we did it....You could have been a poster child for these guys!!!
That was ridiculous. I take the damn picture off. Everyone deletes there post then someone makes a whole fricken new thread to rip on me some more. Joke. There is such worse issues out there but everyone has nothing better to do then whine about non-problems like that I guess.

No ones ripping you for it now...that's why I said to take it off...we knew you were being a goof, but as you can see, some people will go out of their way to take a shot like that and run with it...

As far as humane ways to kill, kind of an oxymoron...your killing, I think everyone forgets that animals go into shock as well as humans... it sucks to kill any creature that way, but most of what your watching is the after the animal is dead...Like I said earlier, when you bonk (humane way to kill) your fish, then you bleed it...and when I'm even done cleaning it, I've had fish still flopping...doesn't mean it's still alive and feeling that!!! Not making judgment calls on how other nationalities kill their animals because it can be thrown right back in our faces....Tough when they are flipper...but damn...they are not slaughtering them for fun, they are a major food source...our beef, chicken and turkeys don't die pretty either...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 03:26:41 PM by Xgolfman »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 03:42:13 PM »

Most people don't have a clue where their foods come from. They seem to think that steaks, prime ribs, pork, chicken, turkeys come in neatly package trays from Safeway.