Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Time to renew your subscription  (Read 3094 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Time to renew your subscription
« on: March 22, 2007, 08:48:45 PM »

For those of you who purchased an annual subscription when it first started, your subscription is about to expire after this month. You should already have received an email regarding renewal. If you are unsure when yours expires, please email or pm me.

The subscription fee is $20/year or $35/two years. To renew by PayPal, please go to:

One year: http://www.fishingwithrod.com/shop/1yr.html

Two year: http://www.fishingwithrod.com/shop/2yr.html

You can also mail a cheque, please PM or email info@fishingwithrod.com.

FWR subscription information

keithr

• If you want to know about me, see my website.
    • Our place in Mexico
Re: Time to renew your subscription
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 05:29:47 PM »

go ahead and remind us nonmembers, what is it we would get besides those nifty green stars?

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 05:46:31 PM »

go ahead and remind us nonmembers, what is it we would get besides those nifty green stars?

A site that is still running ;)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 07:01:06 PM »

What Dragonspeed said, but of course I am not making members to give money to the website, so subscribers get a few extra services. ;)

1) Private message function on the forum: This isn't a neccessity, but it certainly makes things easier for those who have it when communicating with other members.

2) Photo albums for subscribers where you can add photos to. Again, not a necessity, as there are other free photosharing websites available out there.

3) Access to the chatroom: Every Thursday evening we do a chat session. It's been pretty good lately, good way to plan the weekend trips.

4) Videos: This is a pretty new feature on the website, or any website really, but I am expanding it pretty fast as some may have noticed. The video clip archive has clips that are samples of what videos subscribers are getting. Each month, there is a new video diary in the subscribers section, which feature a specific fishery, kind of like a fishing show I guess. The monthly video is generally between 10 to 20 minutes long. We've been doing this since last May. Instructional videos are coming along, we've started with fly tying videos, eventually we'll get to the barfishing, driftfishing videos as well.

5) Contests: The fishy shot contest is for subscribers. Each monthly winner will receive a DNE fishing tackle package. We run draws of free tickets to the Vancouver International Boat Show and the Fraser Valley Boat & Sportsmen's Show for subscribers too. Basically, if you've won one of these prizes, you've kind gotten your money back. As the subscription service progresses, I'll work on getting more contests in, so more people can win. While we're at it, subscribers, send your pic in for the fishy shot contest!

6) Discounts etc: The more we work with our advertisers, the more discounts subscribers will start getting. Some may have noticed that Steveston Marine is now offering 10% discount to subscribers. I'm in the process of finalizing the BC Outdoor Sportfishing magazine subscription discount as well. Subscribers receive monthly email updates so they are aware of what new videos and other services are available.

There's no limit to what I want to bring to the subscribers, so I am constantly asking what other features you would like to see. Not all are possible, but I do the best I can to bring those to you. I can't serve unless I know what people want. info@fishingwithrod.com

Rodney, can I do a  email money transfer from my bank to you

Best thing I can do is the PayPal payment option, as it gives you a receipt for future references. :)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 08:52:36 PM »

Well you be sending out a reminder e-mail to those that have the membership up for renewal? I cant remember what or when I purchased mine.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 08:57:02 PM »

Yes, I usually send out a reminder about two weeks before it expires.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 10:05:36 PM »

Honestly, I do not know how email money transfer work and can't spend the time finding out right now, swamped with work (just ask Chris, who's impatiently waiting for SDA's website updated ;) :-[ ). The other option would be to mail me a cheque.

If you are worried about the transferring time to PayPal is going to take longer than from now until the subscription expires, I wouldn't worry since I don't intend to delete people's access right away. Within a couple of weeks after expiration is reasonable.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 10:17:47 PM »

Rod, I can't remember, did I get a 2 year Subsription? :D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 10:20:17 PM »

but if you dont want to then it will have to wait a while

I'm patient. :)

Rod, I can't remember, did I get a 2 year Subsription? :D

Two years, but like what I told trophyhunter, send money anyways. :D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007, 10:35:11 PM »

Two years, but like what I told trophyhunter, send money anyways. :D

Yeah ok, it's in the mail.  How much would you like???

Not!!  Maybe next year!!  Flamers suck!!
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 10:59:39 PM »

Can I renew my subscription with Canadian Tire money ? ;)