Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wild Sheep Society fund raiser banquette  (Read 5954 times)

Mabelingwane

• Mabelingwane Hunting safari's
Wild Sheep Society fund raiser banquette
« on: March 09, 2007, 10:46:19 AM »

Just got this info in from my friend David... These guys really need your support.

Attention Wild Sheep Society Supporters,

We have for the first time in WSSoBC auction history, I believe anyways, a guided Stone's sheep hunt!
This is the result of two years of dialogue and I am excited about the future potential of this donation.

The donor is Leif Olsen and Ken Clarke of Stone Mountain Safaris. This is one of the premiere sheep regions in all of BC.

http://www.stonemountainsafaris.com/index.html

I am ironing out the details and fine print in the next couple days but some of the specifics are:

a)   This is a 14 day fully guided and outfitted hunt. The last 14 days of August 07 only.
      Actual dates to be confirmed shortly.

b)    BC Resident's only.

c)    Charter from Ft. Nelson is not included. Price available shortly.

I will forward more details in the next couple days. Those of you who are into the "Hunt Chat" forums and
chatrooms please advertise this in that venue. I want to get the word out as quickly as possible to try and bring in the best bidders. Also mention the other hunts we have,

coyote,
bison,
cougar,
caribou
African Safari.

This will be one of the better auctions, hunt-wise that we have ever had.

David Heitsman    tel 604-853-9006
Wild Sheep Society of BC
A strong man won't let anyone get the best of him... but a man of strength gives the best of himself to everyone.

younggun

• Old Timer
Re: Wild Sheep Society fund raiser banquette
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 07:40:58 PM »

when where is the banquet?
Fish killer 101

Mabelingwane

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 01:51:13 PM »

Wild Sheep Society Announces 2007 AGM in Kamloops
The 2007 Annual General Meeting and fundraiser for the Wild Sheep Society of British Columbia will be held at the Best Western Kamloops Towne Lodge in Kamloops, British Columbia on March 23 and 24, 2006.

The AGM/Fundraiser will commence with an evening social held on Friday, March 23 from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm. On Saturday, March 24, the annual general meeting will be held commencing at 9:00 am, with various guest speakers following the meeting. There will be a break from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm, at which time the banquet and fundraiser will commence, running until around midnight.

The fundraiser will feature silent and live auctions, various raffles and the presentation of the Lex Ross Conservation Award. Auction items will include a 2 person south african hunting safari with Mebelingwane Safaris, a moose and elk drop camp hunt in northern British Columbia with Riverjet Adventures, a caribou hunt with Gana River Outfitters, and a cougar hunt on Vancouver Island.

The Best Western is located at 1250 Rogers Way in Kamloops, British Columbia, and reservations may be made by calling (250) 828-6660. Be sure to ask for the special rate provided for the WSSOBC fundraiser.

For further details, check out our AGM.

See you all there!

A strong man won't let anyone get the best of him... but a man of strength gives the best of himself to everyone.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 01:14:11 PM »

thank you! ;)
Fish killer 101

Mabelingwane

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 11:47:52 AM »

We had a great time...I was lucky to win a Taxideried bald eagle... with permit ...stands on a tree branch and the taxidermy work is done great. The whole thing stands about 3 feet hight.. I ll get some pics and post them.