Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishing with Rodney and Chris (a joke)  (Read 1994 times)

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
Fishing with Rodney and Chris (a joke)
« on: February 24, 2007, 12:06:51 AM »

It was a very cold February day with lots of fresh snow in the valley, when Chris Gadsden headed out to his favorite spot for fishing his Maple Leaf Drennans on the Vedder. Chris makes his first drift, with a big pink worm on the end of his short floating leader and watched intently and waited patiently for that monster Steely he'd been dreaming of.  ;)

He was there for almost an hour without even a nibble when none other than Rodney walks out , and heads up to the next pool above Chris, and fires out his favorite worm. It only took about two seconds and WHAM! A Massive Steelie slams his presentation and starts emptying his reel.  ;D The silver bullet screams downstream past Chris and his Maple Leaf Drennan, and after about 20 minutes, Rodney brings a 19 lb Metalhead to hand and let's her go out of admiration for such a beautiful beast.

Chris just couldn't believe it but figured it was just luck, happy for Rodney, and his great luck.  :D But, soon after Rodney drops in again at the same pool, and makes exactly the same  drift and again within just a few minutes hooks up with another prime Vedder beauty.  ;D

This went on and on until finally Chris Gadsden  couldn't take it any more since he hadn't caught a thing all this time..after all, he was using his lucky Maple Leaf Drennan, the Leaf Mobile was running awesome, and his Maple Leaf Hat was giving him all kinds of recognition as the Leafs destroyed the opposition last night, and surely the luck must be coming his way to go 1 for 9 on the season!

With this, Chris decides to find out what's going on and heads up to Rodney, and asks:  "Rodney, I've been here for over an hour without even a nibble. You have been here only 45 minutes and have caught 3 beauties! How do you do it?"

Rodney responds, "Roo raf roo reep ra rums rrarm."

"What was that?" Chris replies  ??? ???

Again Rodney responds, "Roo raf roo reep ra rums rarrm."

"Look," says Chris, "I can't understand a word you are saying."

So, Rodney spits into his hand and says, "You have to keep the worms warm!"

;D  ;D  :D
"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Fishing with Rodney and Chris (a joke)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 12:47:31 AM »

as the Leafs destroyed the opposition last night, and surely the luck must be coming his way to go 1 for 9 on the season!

Now that is a joke ! ;)

OldTrout

• dino on a leash !!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 08:34:57 AM »

;D ;D

Just dont ask what he does with his roe

;D ;D

chum dad

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 12:58:23 PM »

Reminds of a guy i ran into that told me as a youngster his grandfather used to keep magots in his mouth to keep them nice and fresh while fishing!  YUK!

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 04:29:47 PM »

I'm a pretty superstitious guy, dont walk under ladders, dont like black cats, dont go boating on a friday.  One thing that i guess is either a fluke or must work for me atleast is that i always keep my roe on the left side of my vest near my heart and it seems that i hook fish!?  ???
Fish killer 101

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 09:11:02 AM »

Guess Chris and Rod didn't enjoy my joke... :-\
"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint