Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you like to see public boat launches on Hatzic & Silvermere lakes?

Yes
- 10 (52.6%)
No
- 9 (47.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Question?  (Read 2720 times)

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
Question?
« on: February 20, 2007, 09:13:53 PM »

How many here would like to see a public boat launch on Hatzic & Silvermere lakes. I am planning on taking up this matter with Mission City councel and the Mayor.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

Schenley

Re: Question?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 07:33:05 PM »

This needs to be bumped up to the top... We are losing boat access in many locations. The average politicain doesnt realize just what we boaters contribute to the local economys.

Perhaps its time to take your MLA or Councillor for a ride???? ::)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 11:21:39 PM »

Why silvermere. It is a private lake. That was once owned by the donatelli's( before it became a lake it was a field). I believe it now belongs to a developer. The same developer that owns half of that big Island on the west side of the lake. That developer was even trying to  get the owners of the properties to remove their docks as they where on his lake. The docks are still there so I guess they worked it out. So do you believe that after all this the developer would actually allow a publis boat launch. I don't think so. Especially after they develope all that land on the west side. That is why they put in that new intersection.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 02:00:04 AM »

I've launched in silvermere before. Not with a boat though. Only a belly boat.

Derp

• Tight lines!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 07:54:36 AM »

hahah
In the summertime when the weather is hot
You can stretch right up and touch the sky
When the weather's fine
You got women, you got women on your mind
Have a drink, have a drive
Go out and see what you can find

Pat AV

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 10:15:42 AM »

I voted yes despite the fact that I probably would not fish either very often. You can never have to much access as far as I am concerned.

As far as Silvermere goes, right now it is basically a private bass fishery for whichever member of the brigade that decided to stock it. If others could fish it maybe more bass could be legally harvested from the system (which would be a good thing IMO).
Like STS pics? Check out my gallery at http://gallery.flybc.ca/patav

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 10:23:05 AM »

I had no ides that silvermere had bass. I always thought that that lake was hatchery stocked by one of the residents. In fact I know of some one that lives on the lake that used to get a grant from dfo to run a small hatchery on his land. It was pretty cool to check out. Most of it was salmon but he also produced trout which where released into the lake.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Pat AV

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 11:39:23 AM »

Hey fly guy it is possible that I am thinking about the wrong lake. I am writing regarding the lake that sits right beside highway #7 just east of the bridge over the Stave. That lake is full of Bass for sure. If we are thinking of different lakes my appologies.......

tight lines,

Pat
Like STS pics? Check out my gallery at http://gallery.flybc.ca/patav

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 11:48:58 AM »

No that is the lake. I just had no idea that that lake has taken such a bad turn. Mind you it is a shallow mud bottom lake that gets pretty warm in the summer.

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 10:16:32 PM »

I find it frustrating just how much bull has been handed out by the Silvermere property owners.

Fact: no-one owns the water. If you can access it you have a rigth to be on it. Genstar owns the Island, the land under the lake, the flood gates that control the lake level, and water rights (WATER RIGHTS) on the Stave. Due to possible liablity issues with people accessing the lake from the highway Genstar has made application to sell the property to Ducks Unlimited.

I challenge you to google seach Silvermere and read all the news stories and court documents. 
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"