Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I am off to Newfoundland  (Read 2642 times)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
I am off to Newfoundland
« on: February 14, 2007, 12:54:58 PM »

So tomorrow myself, my wife and our three kids are off to Newfoundland. My wife is originally from there and her dad and step mom live there as well as some other members of her family. She has not been back in almost 8 years and has not seen her father since we got married 6 years ago. I am really looking forward to this trip as its a part of the country I have never seen. The only bad part is the flight. It will take us 13 hours in total to get there which includes 3 stop overs.

I am bringing our laptop with us so I will be posting pics as well as a sort of journal to go along with it. Just trying to get everything ready before we leave. I am bringing my fly gear as I am hoping to hit some of the rivers for brown trout and brookies. The temperature is about -6 right now and their is quite a bit of snow on the ground. It wont stop me from atleast trying. Just got to bring warm clothes. Even if I dont catch fish I hope I can get some beautiful pictures.

I will be feasting on seafood the entire time I am there. Especially LOBSTER!!! I am going to be bringing back a crate of lobsters home with me  ;D

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: I am off to Newfoundland
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 01:17:35 PM »

How the heck did you get stuck with 3 stopovers ? Don't forget to get "screeched"

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 01:30:15 PM »

Good luck on the trip Brian, you will love it out there!!  I miss the Scenery myself, being from Nova Scotia. ;D  I also miss the food!! (Wink, Wink)  People are so relaxed out there and very nice.  Have a great trip.

As for the fish, I would have no idea where to look, but there are some Beautiful Brookies out there.  The have some of the Brightest and boldest colors I have ever seen.  Good luck with them as well.  There are usually a lot of leaches in the streams, but maybe not this time of the year, if that helps any. ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 01:36:57 PM »

The reason for the stop overs was to save money. We are paying $2500 for return tickets for 5 of us. My youngest is 1 year old and he doesnt cost but 4 of us do. So if we went with one stop over it would have cost around $4000.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 04:47:59 PM »

Hey Brian have a great trip eh and load up on the lobsters, great food. I know what you mean about saving a little bit on the air fare as Dorthy and myself landed return trips from Thunder Bay for her parents and our niece last May for our wedding  for $1358 total. We just kept our eyes and ears peeled for specials and finally Westjet had one. Anyways its good to hear you're going away on a nice vacation with your family, the best to you all and we will look forward to the Journal from the East. :D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 04:54:55 PM »

Have a safe and enjoyable trip. I thought for a minute you were going to say one of your stop overs was to take in a Leaf's game. ;D ;D ;D

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 06:09:58 PM »

Are you going to stay there ???    ....................................... for good  ;D ;D ;D ;D
TR

JK  ;D
have a safe trip man, hope you have a great time

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 08:19:11 PM »

Have a safe and wonderful trip Brian and don't get stuck in the snow. I see the snow storm from Ontario is heading east. Good luck with your fishing while over there and do not forget to go to the docks for some good eats. When I was in PEI for Canada Games years ago I went to the docks almost every day for lobster and on my return I got to bring back 2 dozen with me. Give me a shout when you return for some fly action.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 03:41:14 PM »

OK just about to shutdown the laptop and pack it up. We are leaving for the airport in about 45mins.

I will post in about a day or so when I am settled in and let everyone know how it is on the other side of the country.

Cheers
BrYan

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Derp

• Tight lines!
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 03:45:28 PM »

good bye! have a safe trip and return with a big supply of lobster so you can post some up on buysell for us
In the summertime when the weather is hot
You can stretch right up and touch the sky
When the weather's fine
You got women, you got women on your mind
Have a drink, have a drive
Go out and see what you can find