Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder River February 10th  (Read 1685 times)

younggun

• Old Timer
Vedder River February 10th
« on: February 10, 2007, 04:39:59 PM »

Hey just came back from the vedder, had a great time on the upper, but didn't fish alot cus water conditions sucked! We fished from about 8:30 - 1:30. We covered some beutiful water, saw one steely hooked, i had one on and off, and dad missed one ::)  ;D I used everything, but the fish came on a colorado, and the other guy was using a worm. WE had fun. Visibility above the clay banks was about 3 1/2 feet while bellow them it was 6" inches -  1 ft. :P Surprisingly the ghost shrimp and egg sacs didn't work today  ??? Water was to clear to fish alot of normal gear, had to go small. I'm waiting for another cold snap to clear the river cus conditions were terrible.

I got 30 ghost shrimp that i haven't used!  :P thought we were gonna fish all day but because of conditions we didn't fish the lower like expected!  :(  Did anyone see me? I was the "kid" wearing a black touque, green vest and hip waders. Using a silver abu. I was with my dad, pops did ok today!  ::)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 06:51:23 PM by Rodney »
Fish killer 101

mooch

• I'm a llama!
Re: Vedder Saturday
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 04:59:15 PM »

Thanks for the update. Too bad you didn't get a fish but at least you had fun. Better luck next time.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 06:38:03 PM »

No way, i was driving by at like 2:00 and it was really murky!
Fish killer 101

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 06:53:08 PM »

Hey there birdman, don't know what part of the lower you're talking about but I fished Bergman from 12 till 4:30 and the vis. was'nt more than 1 ft. in all that time, probably less.  :)

cohoslayer1

• Bring on the steelhead
Re: Vedder River February 10th
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 05:35:46 PM »

SAM is right . he knows when there 2 feet of visibility not 6 inches.god some people are %$%&

DanTfisherman

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 08:35:06 PM »

Hey Younggun, were you and your dad fishing the upper river, up above Allison?

I hooked one (which I did not land) on the pink worm and saw what looked like a dad and son combo fishing in a pool above me.  Was that you?  Was there about 8:30 or so.

For the record, in the various spots above Allison Pool which I hit today, visibility was about 2 feet from daybreak until about 10:00.  After this time, I would say it went down and varied from one foot up to two, depending where you were.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 11:16:57 PM »

yah that was us, nice fish looked a little dark though. we were on the other side, we had to hike but it payed off cus we got the whole side of the river to our selves
Fish killer 101