Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Report on seymour river and cap  (Read 2234 times)

Piranha

Report on seymour river and cap
« on: January 31, 2007, 07:55:15 PM »

Guys, where can I find report on seymour river and capilano river? Any site on the net? The ones I found do not have fish report on these 2 rivers.

thanks

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Report on seymour river and cap
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 08:01:42 PM »

That's mainly because not too many people fish those rivers at this time of year. And those that do don't usually post to protect the endangered steelhead runs in both those rivers.

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 08:08:53 PM »

Alot of times its better to just go out and do some exploring, you will find it alot more rewarding if you find a spot and catch fish on your own without being guided to the exact spot to fish by others, what the last post said is also true, most people do not like to give details and secrets on smaller rivers and streams. That being said, if it is general info on the Cap and Seymour you are after do a little research on the net and you may find what you are looking for. For example here is a link for an article Rodney put together about coho fishing on the Capilano.

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/articles/2001/0801_02.html

Piranha

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 08:10:44 PM »

i see. thanks

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 08:24:53 AM »

The cap has been running dirty for some time now, its been a real drag.  as well, I don't think we have had this much snow and sub zero weather in many years so the river with its rocky and cliff laden runs is a dangerous place to be when its icy.  Those 2 factors have probably lead to light fishing pressure than normal. 

As for the seymour, wild AND hatchery steelhead are catch and release now plus it is a small run so that to is probably minimizing angling pressure (hence few reports).

Pat AV

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 07:58:18 PM »

Both hatchery and wild winters have been trickling into the lower seymour since mid december (look around the riverside road area). The fish are hard to catch and the water is low and clear. Like Gooey said all trout and char wild or hatch must be released. The inventory folks have been doing snorkel counts on the seymour the last couple days. I have not talked to them about the results yet.  The run is very small so be very carefull when releasing any of these fish.

Check out the Seymour Salmonid Societies website for more info on the river.

Tight Lines.

Pat
Like STS pics? Check out my gallery at http://gallery.flybc.ca/patav