Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: nahatlach river  (Read 9403 times)

Nuggy

Re: nahatlach river
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007, 06:02:50 PM »

Stein is one of the best rafting rivers in the province. Done it 3 times so far and loved every minute of it. All class 4 and class 5 rapids. A guide wont take you out on it unless you have rafted with him before. On my first trip going down that river we flipped over and I went down an 8 foot waterfall. Man what a rush!!

Brian, just curious how you got into the Stein? I`ve hiked up from the mouth end and road access ended just past the Rez. I`ve heard you can get in from the top end.

Cheers

Nuggy

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 06:13:33 PM »

Stein is one of the best rafting rivers in the province. Done it 3 times so far and loved every minute of it. All class 4 and class 5 rapids. A guide wont take you out on it unless you have rafted with him before. On my first trip going down that river we flipped over and I went down an 8 foot waterfall. Man what a rush!!

Brian, just curious how you got into the Stein? I`ve hiked up from the mouth end and road access ended just past the Rez. I`ve heard you can get in from the top end.

Cheers

Nuggy

At the parking spots we hiked in about 2 hours with the rafts and put in. It took us about 2-2.5 hours to raft down to the mouth. I always raft with Russ form Chilliwack Rafting. He's an awesome guy. Been with Reo rafting as well doing the Nahatlach, as well as the Nahatlach Canyon.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2007, 06:31:29 PM »

Hiking in with your rafts is pretty adventurous. :o :o :o did you make it over that spot called Devil`s Staircase with your rafts? Man that`s a nice spot. I really like the Stein Valley...also the Reaction ferry you cross the Fraser River on is really cool.

Rafting with the REO  is a walk in the park compared to your Stein trip. It would be cool to see photos of the Stein.

Cheers

Nuggy

It would be cool to see pics from the raft only you would not want to take your camera as you would most likely lose it LOL. The rafts pack up and are able to go on a persons back. Its not an easy hike either. I think we put in just below the staircase as I dont think any licenced guides are allowed to go over them. Their are only a select amount of guides that are able to take people on the Stein. Man I gotta go do that again.

The Nahatlach Canyon is actually a good raft as its all class 4 rapids. The only thing is its not very long only about 30-45mins long.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family