Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dollie flies  (Read 24730 times)

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
Re: dollie flies
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2007, 06:47:21 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all char are to be released from rivers in bc south of jervis inlet...

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

stickler

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2007, 08:21:30 PM »

I was fishing the lower "Skeena" as mentioned, Region 6.

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2007, 10:10:04 PM »

oops I didn't notice that, sorry!

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

fintail1

• got milt?
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2007, 11:13:07 PM »

was at the cheak and saw a bunch of fry in the shallows, i guess its fry time guys. The dollies will be pigging out right now. ;) but i sadly i missed out because i was fishing for steelhead and noticed this at the end of the day :( but steelhead are moving in and i hooked into one after fishing half an hour, although i didn't see it i was only fishing for an hour and a half and am stolked for the steely action to come this saturday. Anyone that wants to join me on sat is welcome to and i will have times later in the week.
Fishing is one jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other

nigglesworth

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2007, 12:01:37 AM »

Sounds like you had a good day fintail.  i am heading out there tom. and am tempted to tie a few fry patterns before hand.... its only midnight right?!  I was there on the 9th, but did not have much luck. 

Also, anyone know what the road conditions are on the upper squamish?  Can a subaru wagon make it up there yet?

Also, has anyone fished the upper cheakamus, from the end of paradise valley road up to the canon?  I have hiked all over there, but have not really fished that area.  Would love to hear about it?!

Matt

• Old Timer
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2007, 04:40:59 AM »

Your Subaru will make it fine.

fintail1

• got milt?
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2007, 09:10:50 AM »

the upper looked really low like the whole river has been this year. it would be hard to fish but dollies are probably going so crazy they wouldn't care  :)

fintail1

• got milt?
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2007, 11:17:42 PM »

anyone who is up for saturday at the cheak meet at the campsite at around 7:30(the camsite after all the reserve/smokehouse and school campsites). I will be using a drift rod going for steelhead with two others doing the same. If you wanna fish for dollies instead and fly fish then you can go right ahead.

fintail1
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 05:57:12 PM by fintail1 »

Zpg

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2007, 09:40:59 PM »

This is a few of the flies i will try on Sunday along with some other flies

Hey FF

Thanks for posting a pic of these. I'm heading to the Upper Pitt next weekend mainly for Steelies but there are a ton of bull/dollies in the system so I'll try a few of these. Let you know how it works out.
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright