Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Beginner Hunter  (Read 11530 times)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
Beginner Hunter
« on: January 16, 2007, 03:15:36 PM »

Hello I'am interested in hunting and was wondering how I would get my license?? Also are there some good areas in chilliwake or something to hunt for some birds :)
weeeeeeeeeow!

Guppy

• nothing but steelhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Beginner Hunter
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 12:00:29 AM »

Roe kid in order to get a hunting licence you have to take the core course and get an FAC,there are several options of where and when you can take the required course,look in the hunting section of the buy n sell there is usually several listings that offer the course you require,as for local bird hunting ,there are some good areas locally to hunt birds but i personally dont hunt birds so i cant help you to much on that one.
small fish in a big river

leaseman

• on the water or in the bush...thats entertainment
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 07:25:51 AM »

Roe Kid...

Good place to start is to join up on HintingBC.ca or huntshoot.com...lots of good advise and people will steer you in the right direction for the courses you need....

Mike

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 10:32:50 AM »

Roe Kid...

Good place to start is to join up on HintingBC.ca or huntshoot.com...lots of good advise and people will steer you in the right direction for the courses you need....

Mike

Thanks WIll do
weeeeeeeeeow!

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 11:52:00 PM »

Hi Roe kid: You may also want to check out some of the Fish and Game clubs at the sportsman show in Abbotsford in March. You can talk to some folks and get information about joining a club and I think for a beginner hunter that would be a good place to start. Also, I looked at the hunting regulations for 2006-2007. Something else to consider is that for licence requirements "a person 14 years of age or older and under 19 must apply for a hunting licence in person in the presence of a parent or guardian, who must sign an Acknowledgement of Responsiblity" for his/her son,  daughter or ward.
Also, hunters who are under the age of 19 must be accompanied and closely supervised while hunting by a person who is 19 years of age or older and who holds a hunting licence. Just some other things to consider if you decide to pursue taking up hunting.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 07:07:41 PM »

Roe kid, i joined huntbc.com a few weeks ago and its a great site, everyone's really nice! Like they said u need ur FAC, and i know there must be a couple farmers out there that either don't want any ducks or coyotes! Just ask them! But do it in normal clothes they dont like it when ur in full camo and look like ur goin on a safari! ;D good luck!
Fish killer 101

allwaysfishin

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 12:10:55 PM »

one thing to note.... you DO need your CORE course to obtain a hunter number card, which in turn enables you to buy a liscence each year. If you are hunting with someone who has a valid firearms liscence, you do not need one right away.... but read the regs on this, you have to be right with that person much like at the gun range as a visitor. You can also hunt with a bow without a firearms liscence but that may not be up your alley and is not the best way to go after birds.... though some would argue i'm sure..... any bow purists out there?
ALSO if you intend to hunt waterfowl in the lowermainland you need to have a migratory game bird liscence AND personal liability insurance which enables you to purchase a "Fraser Valley Special Area" liscence.
there are many good instructors out there, best way to hook up with one is either huntbc.com or call around to your local rod and gun clubs, sportsman associations or better yet your local gunshop if you have one.
I took my course through Stellios Saffroni in langley, top notch instructor for both courses.

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 09:45:43 AM »

Thanks for the info guys!
weeeeeeeeeow!

Derp

• Tight lines!
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 02:18:38 PM »

Yeah i wanna start hunting too after i saw that safari hunting video

Any ideas where I would get the core? Im gonna have to look into this
In the summertime when the weather is hot
You can stretch right up and touch the sky
When the weather's fine
You got women, you got women on your mind
Have a drink, have a drive
Go out and see what you can find

Derp

• Tight lines!
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 02:08:47 PM »

anyone know where I can get the CORE program started (preferably near port coquitlam)? I found a place where I can get my firearms liecence in poco

I need to get started!! thanks!
When the weather's fine

Steelhead King

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 08:02:11 PM »

Give Albert Wood a call: 604-940-0042. He is the president of Richmond rod and gun club.... He is also the one who incharge the Firearm and the core program... he is a great guy...

Derp

• Tight lines!
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 09:22:11 PM »

Thanks I will. :)
When the weather's fine