Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Private Message Question  (Read 1588 times)

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
Private Message Question
« on: January 07, 2007, 09:20:46 PM »

It's my understanding that someone who isn't a paid member isn't allowed to send PMs-all fine and good.

But why then are people who are paid members allowed to send PMs to non-members like myself?

I just rec'd a nasty nasty PM from someone who must have been drinking all afternoon and have no way to respond except to post the message from the drunken miscreant here-which in the interest of board integrity I won't do.

Is there a way for me to turn off the receive PM function so that this unfortunate knuckledragger sits and stews in his own toxic juices instead of bothering honest people? ::)

Please Advise.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: Private Message Question
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 09:37:16 PM »

Try sending it to rod. He should be able to do something about it. does your e-mail appear in your profile. if so go into it and remove your e-mail.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 09:44:57 PM »

I'm sure Rod has lots on his plate-I deleted the drunk's drivel right away.

I think if I block him in my Profile that should do it.

I just don't like being harassed by some drunken bum who's shoe size is the same as his IQ-sad-I suppose that's what comes of a life spent chasing parked cars.

Let paid members PM each other but leave innocents like myself alone. ;D

Nuggy

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 11:10:00 PM »

It's my understanding that someone who isn't a paid member isn't allowed to send PMs-all fine and good.

But why then are people who are paid members allowed to send PMs to non-members like myself?

I just rec'd a nasty nasty PM from someone who must have been drinking all afternoon and have no way to respond except to post the message from the drunken miscreant here-which in the interest of board integrity I won't do.

Is there a way for me to turn off the receive PM function so that this unfortunate knuckledragger sits and stews in his own toxic juices instead of bothering honest people? ::)

Please Advise.

My advise for you is to settle this in private with Rodney or Nina.

Also, just because you hit the delete button doesn`t necessarily mean all information is permanently erased, although that could be the case with FWR.

Cheers

Nuggy

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 02:58:48 AM »

Hi Sam, the private message system cannot be turned off unfortunately, however you can ignore certain members if you choose to. Here is how you do it. Go to your profile, then click on "Personal Message Options" on the left column. There is an ignore list field where you can add member's name to it. Once the member's name is added to the list, you should not receive more private messages from that person in the future. Hope that helps.

Hi Nuggy, once the message is deleted from the inbox, it is permanently deleted from the database so I would not be able to retrieve it even if I want to.

Normally we don't deal with private message abuses. My advise is to delete the message, avoid that particular individual and don't let it bother you. If the message is some type of threat and you feel that your safety is being compromised, then you need to save that particular message and take further action.

On a related note, purchasing a subscription does not provide you a higher status than regular members on the forum. The same rules apply to all groups. The subscription purchase supports the website financially and in return subscribers are offered some extra features like the private messaging and videos, that's it.

Any other questions, please email info@fishingwithrod.com
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 04:27:51 PM by Rodney »